Squeaky Clutch Pedal

Merrilin

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Proteg
For the last few weeks, my clutch pedal has been squeaking with every depression of the pedal (back and forth). I never knew such a tiny thing could drive me so mad! I can't stand it anymore. Every few days I spray some lithium grease in the plunger hole thing (sorry I don't know what the parts are called) and the squeaking sometimes stops for a little bit, but it inevitably comes back in a day or two and the results are inconsistent. And now that whole area is just covered in Liquid Wrench.

The squeak is coming from inside the cabin (again it sometimes stops if I spray grease in just the right spot while depressing the pedal). I've read that you can basically take it apart from the bottom of the car and spray from the other side, but will this fix my problem for any extended period of time? Are there any more permanent solutions?

Yeah, mine started it since it's gotten hot... Which is weird... Normally the car gets loud when its cold... but whatever.

Yeah I think it's worse when it's hot out. Also my squeaky rear sway bar bushings get suuuper squeaky in the summer and the noise disappears in the winter. There is apparently no good permanent fix for that. Some spray will keep the squeak away for like a week, but that is too annoying.

I had the same problem, I lubed all the pivot points inside the vehicle and it made the noise go away

Probabley need a new slave cylinder
I don't know how much you know about automobiles, but from that statement, I can tell you that you don't know much... It's not the ******* slave cylinder... Even if it was in the hydraulic system for the clutch, it would be the master cylinder which attaches to the pedal... Not the slave cylinder which is mounted on the transmission case.

I don't know how much you know about automobiles, but from that statement, I can tell you that you don't know much... It's not the ******* slave cylinder... Even if it was in the hydraulic system for the clutch, it would be the master cylinder which attaches to the pedal... Not the slave cylinder which is mounted on the transmission case.
Lol my bad ment master cylinder no need to get all pissy

Don't have a cow man! Anyone else have suggestions? I'm going to start punching people at random if this problem persists.

The key here (I read in another thread) is to go under the hood and manually push the clutch arm into the master cylinder, then retract the arm so that the piston thingy is not contacting it anymore. And THEN put lube into the dome-shaped area of the clutch arm. Unless you do this, the lube doesn't really get in there. Had this problem too that would come and go, but hopefully resolved now.

Your pedal will feel very soft for a bit, but after a few pumps it should restore.

Last edited:
Technically you are both wrong. It's the master slave. It goes from master to master slave to slave. If its squeaking inside the car pull the bar that goes into the rubber and put some regular tube grease in it.

Back