Spend my Money [Equinox] on my MS3

So I've read. It's a matter of shearing the bolt though isn't it? Replacing it with an aftermarket one won't fix the problem will it?

just pull the bolt and go to your local hardware type store and replace it with a grade 8 quality as i am sure it will stand up to the stress of whatever you toss at it...

tsunami said:
just pull the bolt and go to your local hardware type store and replace it with a grade 8 quality as i am sure it will stand up to the stress of whatever you toss at it...
Don't do this!

The stock bolt is grade 10. If you put a grade 8 in and it breaks you are really screwed.

I hope you were joking.

Equinox said:
Haha had RFL on my protege5. :( Went ahead and bought the CPE thingamajig. I just wish there was an FMIC finished for the MS3, moo.

Oh lol speaking of rice, I bought the CPE exhaust with no muffler cans, resonators, or cats, yay straight piperz
No cats?
I'm sure that you'll become very familiar with the CEL.

I'll put a resistor on the second O2 to change the signal from the first one. I'm not new to the no cat idea XD

I would just contact your dealer and see if they know about the MM failure, which they should. And see what they plan to do so it wont happen.....other than that, drive gently (not sure how thats possible in an MS3) and hope for a company to produce an aftermarket mount.

we have the finished FMIC kits waiting for test cars...

...intake was shipped today by the way :D

Hambino said:
ProtegeGarage R&D'd a FMIC solution for the MS3. They showed no gains whatsoever. You'd be far better off going with a larger TMIC, tuning it, and working on the exhaust.

As for the RFL, do your thing. There is just something about unbelievably loud VTA that doesn't do it for me. It's ok though, because your P5 was the hot butter on my breakfast toast.

the most we have been able to see from a car with an FMIC thus far was a whopping NINE whp :( and that was with the XEDE

Welcome back bro. I remember you from the big meet we had. That P5 was sick...loud and fast!!

Equinox said:
I'll put a resistor on the second O2 to change the signal from the first one. I'm not new to the no cat idea XD
That won't work at all boss.
The MS3 is probably way different than what you are used to.

Good luck just the same.

matsuda said:
That won't work at all boss.
The MS3 is probably way different than what you are used to.

Good luck just the same.

the second sensor is a typical secondary oxygen sensor. its the first sensor that is radically different. based on work we have done with the car i cannot see it being a problem.

Ooer.

Send it to me Ken, send it to me, and I don't mean what you may think I mean, I mean the Xede XD

Last edited:
Equinox said:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Now if only RPM would get back to me with my exhaust. :<

Wanna buy more crapola from KRM but I need to know if; http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123669157&page=2&highlight=motor+mount+problem

That won't work either boss.

You failed to read this warning on that eBay page:
If your car has a CAN Equipped ECM computer ... These MIL Eliminators will not work.

A MS3 is not a P5 boss. You have some learning to do.

matsuda said:
That won't work either boss.

You failed to read this warning on that eBay page:
If your car has a CAN Equipped ECM computer ... These MIL Eliminators will not work.

A MS3 is not a P5 boss. You have some learning to do.

Could just plug the O2 hole and leave the secondary O2 sensor to atmosphere. It will be like, "Wow, what a hard working Cat.!" XD

Back