Spend my Money [Equinox] on my MS3

Equinox

Daddy Warbucks
Contributor
:
09 370Z Nismo
Hey guys, I'm jumping back into the mazda community once again. For the oldbies with amazing memory, I used to have a P5 turbo thing.Heh. Well now I have a Mazdaspeed3, and I'm trying to catch up where I left off. I've done a good amount of research on products and what not, but I'm still wading through customer feedback and so forth. Here's the deal.

For those who are willing to help me out, I'm looking to do the following

I wanna get an intake system, for the car, and advice on what Valve to get in conjunction with it. Then a full turbo back system, preferably no cats but no CEL either. Speed is of the essence, as I deploy again in the beginning of June so I wanna throw all of it on by then. :)

I was thinking
Mazdaspeed Intake or Injen( dunno where to buy tho)
Bypass/BO Valve of what kind?
Corksport down pipe and catback system (but does is that true turboback, is there a midsection I'm missing?) or CPE system (I like corksport DP better tho :( )

What do you guys think? I'll be trolling the forums meanwhile, trying to research more.

Last edited:
OMG I'm being attacked. Only have phone cam

Attachments

• 042907_18321.jpg
    042907_18321.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 042907_18331.jpg
    042907_18331.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 042907_18332.jpg
    042907_18332.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 042907_18351.jpg
    042907_18351.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 042907_18352.jpg
    042907_18352.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 237
Black looks sexy dood :) ****** sleeper.

Drop that piece and get some sick wheels on it.....

..after a few performance goodies of course.

Exhaust question, running Corksport Catback, and downpipe, would the Turbo XS race pipe make it true turbo back, getting rid of the second cat? I need a picture of the stock exhaust system so I know where the cats are and what the corksport replaces, Guess I have to get it on a lift.

Lol, everyone is ignoring your performance questions.....

we're happy your back guy.

Here some pics of the exhaust set-up and how the CP-E System looks......nice ones at the bottom.

Here <---

Very nice. What's an MSP GT? The Corksport down-pipe isn't due till the end of May, if you were looking to start modding now, I'd go CPE.

I like the quality of the corksport a lot better than the CPE, but I;m not sure the TurboXS would fit between the DP and Catback from them. Hmmmmmmmm
Cpe it is.

Er I mean MS3 GT, lkfjdlksdff

Now which Bov XD

Equinox said:
I like the quality of the corksport a lot better than the CPE, but I;m not sure the TurboXS would fit between the DP and Catback from them. Hmmmmmmmm
Cpe it is.

Er I mean MS3 GT, lkfjdlksdff

Now which Bov XD

Haha. From what I've seen the CPE stuff looks to be of great quality. The HKS SSQV seems to be very popular with most MS3 owners. Whatever you do, please don't be one of those guys with the RFL's. (ricer)

Haha had RFL on my protege5. :( Went ahead and bought the CPE thingamajig. I just wish there was an FMIC finished for the MS3, moo.

Oh lol speaking of rice, I bought the CPE exhaust with no muffler cans, resonators, or cats, yay straight piperz

Alright well I'll just stay with the stock Bypass, and wait on my injen and CPE turboback to come in,

Equinox said:
Haha had RFL on my protege5. :( Went ahead and bought the CPE thingamajig. I just wish there was an FMIC finished for the MS3, moo.

Oh lol speaking of rice, I bought the CPE exhaust with no muffler cans, resonators, or cats, yay straight piperz

ProtegeGarage R&D'd a FMIC solution for the MS3. They showed no gains whatsoever. You'd be far better off going with a larger TMIC, tuning it, and working on the exhaust.

As for the RFL, do your thing. There is just something about unbelievably loud VTA that doesn't do it for me. It's ok though, because your P5 was the hot butter on my breakfast toast.

After seeing the valve cover on this car, I'm glad I didn't go with an FMIC option. Yeah I'll get the TMIC and XEDE tuner. Intake and full exhaust are prolly all I'm gonna be able to squeeze in before deployment. But then when I get back I'll just unload on it ^.^

...watch your mounts dood, these motors have been droppin like flies. Seriously.

Latest posts

Back