Speedypro2003's MSP Build Thread

What is the star on the garage, I see them in Ohio too and always wonder what they mean. I will be watchin' this thread to see how she comes out!

Not to be a downer...but ur normally not supposed to run an ex wg off of just one runner
leads to some inconsistent boost readings and possible boost spikes

lol just tryin to give him a heads up, I'd hate to see him have to put another motor in cuz he over boosted

we are aware of this problem, and giving it thought, alot of other cars run it off just one, he really wanted external and on that manifold, and others sold like it for the pro's and other make cars run a similar setup. thanks for the concern. in the first few months of driving the car the boost will have to be paid extra attention to. these motors and trans are easy to remove and he is made of money( right brad) lol

What is the star on the garage, I see them in Ohio too and always wonder what they mean. I will be watchin' this thread to see how she comes out!

just a silly decoration. no meaning that i am aware of. can find them in any craft type store for 9.99 i am sure

I simply did mine that way because it was the only way i really could and i noticed the OBX header is running the EWG off of just one as well.

WOOT! 100 posts. :p

Last edited:
SHE LIVESSSSS!!!! got it all buttoned up today she fired right up but have ALOT of bugs to work out. :-/ MY wide band says its running lean as FAWK and there is this terrible squeal coming from it. my CEL is on and for some reason my air bag light is flashing.... question if anyone can help me, what all needs to be plugged in if im running the PG intake mani...

all in all motor fired up so today was half a win. :)

Just scored a set of MS6 brake calipers and mounting brackets for only $60!! WIN! lol cheapest brake upgrade EVER! :)

dude im so fn jealous of that deal. is that just the front? how did you manage them so cheap?

Its just the front, but i got them at a local junk yard. my friends dad was junk yark lurking and said he saw some mazdaspeed. so i went and checked it out and there was a titanium speed 6. the car is rocked pretty good but i got what i wanted. :)

and are the rears interchangeable as well? and how much of an upgrade is it? because im sure i can probably pick them up cheap too! :)

your car is redunkulus...
good job.
like that you came from a subie to a mazda,
its subie nation here in CO.

Thanks alot man. I've been stalking your build as well. Good luck! :) as far as subies go I built it, blew it up three times, and saw far to many. That was enough for me. But it tought me alot about the Turbo world. And it broke me free of the two door world. :p

Speed 6 rears will work and are an upgrade. You will need the rotor, caliper with bracket and the e-brake cable.

hmm i may have to consider it. anyone have these upgrades done? id love to see what it looks like on the car.

THanks man! im sooooo excited to do this upgrade now! i cant believe im scoring all of this for less than $150! Im kinda glad i didnt get the BBK rotoras now. :p

so i figured i would share my research with you guys... i was just curious as to what all i was getting with these and what to maybe expect:

MSP:
Front brakes- 10.8"
Rear brakes- 11.1"
60-0- 123 Ft.
Curb weight- 2843 lbs

MS6:
Front brakes- 12.6"
Rear brakes- 12.4"
60-0- 113 Ft.
Curb weight- 3589 lbs

i would have to say out of all the mods i have this one i am the most excited about, as far as the price im paying to the performance i am gaining. this is AWESOME! id figure the 60-0 will be around the 105-110 mark which is HUGE IMO.

Last edited:
Back