speaker change and audio upgrade assistance

Hi,
I've never done music upgrades at all , ever before, but what i did is i bought the mazda 3 bose speakers off ebay and i want to replace my stock speakers with them.I have the single cd player unit and i would like to also install the mazda 6 bose amp and sub woofer, also from ebay, problem is, i can install the speakers myself, but i know absolutely nothing about the amp and the sub...will i need to upgrade the to the 6 disc changer or what? what needs to be dont to complete this install? thanks in advance

probably cant install the amp or sub since the factory wires probably don't exist.

So you might as well have bought after market stuff...

why would you buy that stuff? should have gone aftermarket IMO. the whole bose system in my car is okay now that I've added a 10" sub...a real sub....but if I was starting from scratch, I would buy all aftermarket amps and speakers, especially the sub.

Sorry man, this isn't a good plan. Non-bose runs 4 ohm door-speakers powered from the head-unit. Bose runs 2 ohm door-speakers with 4 ohm tweeters powered from an amp under the driver's seat, with specific wiring harnesses from the factory. A tiny 5 1/4" sub sits under the passenger seat. Running the 2 ohm bose speakers on your non-bose head unit will likely fry the amp in it, most head units can't handle less than 4 ohms.

Back