Someoned use low beam to flash me when i drove my mp5 tonight

I know they arent Fogs or Headlights... I was saying I dont like it when at night people forget to turn there headlights on .. and instead have their parking lights on, thinking that their headlights are on...heh.. whatever..

mazdadan said:

Yes, it was Consumer Reports magazine. I don't remember the exact issue, but I think it was within the last few months. Our cars apparently had the best lighting setup for the money and would hit the 600ft mark. Occasionally I get a driver who will flash me thinking that my high beams are on, so I just flash my high beams at them as proof! :cool:

The one thing I didn't like about the article is that it was biased toward halogen lighting and there was a lot of trash talking about cars with factory equipped HID headlights.

The whole article was about the reasons that people in the oncomming cars or cars infront of ones with HIDs don't like HIDs. They told about how great when you are in the car with HIDs and how it is such a bright pure light but how many of them don't have the low beam distance as some of the halogen equiped cars. It seemed that the cheaper the car, the better the lights? :confused: The reason why the HIDs didn't have the distance was because of the way that it puts the hard line on top of the beam rather than letting it fade upwards and it makes it seem like someone behind or in front of you is flashing when they hit a bump in the road. It was an informative article but written in support of the people without the HIDs.

I've driven thousands of cars with HIDs and I love them. Even when I'm being followed or approached. For the most part, I just think that most people are kind of jealous that they don't have them because aside from the Maxima they are pretty much limited to luxury cars.
Jeff

Oh, and with the whole original topic of this thread, I too was flashed the night before last while I was on my way to work (3rd shift.) I do know that they are pretty bright headlights and I wasn't expecting to be flashed so my reaction time didn't allow me to flash back. Plus I was in town, on the interstate, with a good 20 foot grassy infield between us. No, there wern't any cops. Oh well, I guess they will have to deal with it, I need to see.
Jeff

one quick question back to the main topic.... to the people who are getting flashed... are your cars lowered? because if they are.. thats your answer... most lowering springs bring the back end of the car even or close to even with the level of the front. Which angles the lights more parallel with the road... and yes the Protege's stock lights are pretty bright.. especially when shining in your face... but if this isnt the case.. then never mind.. :D

I can't speak for the others but I'm not lowered. Also, for all I know, they maybe wern't flashing at me, and I just saw them flash.
Jeff

I get flashed about twice a week. Its definetly has something to do with our cars. I always feel like flashing them back to show them what bright really looks like, but two blind drivers are worse than one.

Today, I was on my way to work and I saw blue progete5 coming other side of the road and I just waved at him and he nodded his head. ;)
Go Protege!!!

Back