So I decided to YANK my "M"blems off tonight... (pics and instructions)

I was thinking about taking my M's off and painting them White. I think ill going to hardware store this weekend and see if i can find some nice paint.

What did you use to stick the M back on in the back?

You just spraypainted right over the chrome?? I went through the whole process of bleaching / sanding and I should have just painted it as is. Looks like it comes out perfectly too. If you get really close to mine you can see its not perfectly smooth in all areas.

I much prefer the blacked out emblems to the "ghosted" look. Definitely a fan of removing the mazdaspeed 3 emblem though.

I removed my front emblem before I saw this thread (broke one tab by using my fingers, hopefully superglue holds) but I had no idea how to do the rear. I was under the impression that it was screwed in from the back, so THANKS for showing me. I'll take it off tomorrow. They are getting painted red btw to match the red threads on the interior. Hopefully it looks good on the black mica, I haven't noticed anyone post pics of red ones, or else they are getting repainted black.

Yea +2 on pics. I was thinking of doing the same thing since i was getting black Rally Armors with red writing.

I was thinking about taking my M's off and painting them White. I think ill going to hardware store this weekend and see if i can find some nice paint.

What did you use to stick the M back on in the back?

I'm wanting to paint mine black and I'm wondering this too. What did you use to adhere the rear "M" badge back on?

I just tried this - broke two of the front clips in the process. Never mind it was 100 degrees outside which didn't make for good painting. I was wondering how to get the rear emblems back on so I'll go look for some emblem adhesive tomorrow. I'll leave off the mazdaspeed3 emblem for a while to see how that looks.

kkhcjsbj

Back