So I decided to YANK my "M"blems off tonight... (pics and instructions)

Tonight I decided to remove ALL emblems. See pics below...

The Mazdaspeed3 emblem was already headed to the trash before I even decided to pry it off.

1. Tool: mini flat head and
2. 15 seconds LoL

VIOLA! Perfect addition to my already diaper filled trash barrel.

da0c8d8d.jpg

Next was the rear "M", which I plan to paint black along with the front "M". For the rear, I didnt use floss or fishing line on the "M". Instead I used a very small flat head that was thin enough at the tip so that it would get under the edge of the emblems without touching the cars paint. Once I got the tip under the "M" I simply pulled outward on the screwdriver focusing all the pressure under the edge of the emblem and it slowly peeled off enough for me to get a large flat head under it and remove it all with ease.

c849e7f6.jpg

For the front, I didnt even bother trying to reach behind the emblem to push on any clips. I came up with a plan based on a picture I saw. Thanks to one of the guys at corksport for posting a pic which showed the front emblems clip location from behind. So what I did was I put some painters tape around the emblem on the painted surface, and SLID A BUTTER KNIFE under the edges of the emblem where the clips were and pulled outward on it and each clip came out VERY EASY. 5 clips total. Super fast and simple. NO CLIPS BROKE.

385dd920.jpg

a20299a5.jpg

Heres how both emblems look from behind:

FRONT:
5cab49cb.jpg

REAR:
276fc57c.jpg

After removing the rear emblem and the left over 3M tape residue, there were only 2 small holes which can be capped pretty discretely with something from home depot. I havent gone to look yet but Im sure something there will do the job and not look bad.

I may just leave the read "M" off the rear and cap it. Check it out!

23ee4e01.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
sorry man, not a fan of the no emblem look. I do like the "murdered out" look with the emblems blacked out, but not missing.

it's gonna look VERY odd, in my opinion, running around with no front emblem. it'll look like your car got vandalized or stripped (not by you). just my .02.

why does everyone hate emblems so much?!

it's gonna look VERY odd, in my opinion, running around with no front emblem. it'll look like your car got vandalized or stripped (not by you). just my .02.

why does everyone hate emblems so much?!

NO NO..... I plan on puttin the front M back on for sure!

Its the back M that I kinda like the looks of with it off.

People arent really fans of chrome and the cars look cleaner with the emblems off or if they at least stand out less painted.

I want to do mine in white, but just way too lazy and unmotivated to take them off, paint them, and put them back on.

Thanks man..

I'm going to do the same thing this saturday.

I didin't realize that it's that easy to take off the emblems.. lol

im going to do it in glossy black.

I removed my front emblem before I saw this thread (broke one tab by using my fingers, hopefully superglue holds) but I had no idea how to do the rear. I was under the impression that it was screwed in from the back, so THANKS for showing me. I'll take it off tomorrow. They are getting painted red btw to match the red threads on the interior. Hopefully it looks good on the black mica, I haven't noticed anyone post pics of red ones, or else they are getting repainted black.

Have you painted your emblems red? I'd be interested in seeing that. I'm painting mine soon, but I was leaning toward flat black.

Back