So angry

RelliMS3

:
Mazdaspeed3
I've been having an alignment problem for a while now. Since before i put on my 235/40 tires but i just now brought it in to the dealership to have that fixed along with a squeak in the suspension that just started. The dealership refuses to do anything until i have the proper tires on the car. I am so annoyed. Not only that but they had it the entire day and not until now do they say they've accomplished s***.

i work at a dealership and we do alignments all the time on different wheels, tires, suspensions ETC. but it isnt easy, if they do it with oversize wheels, the numbers will not match up to stock specs, which could either cause more damage or not do a damn thing, its really up to them, to deny the work based on that safety reason alone.

no, my set up is 235/40 on 18x8 wheels. just came back from the dealership. they said mazda usa will not let them work on cars with different sized tires. and they refused to work on the squeak because they said the different sized tires made it impossible to examine the suspension. also when i got the car back it was clear that the techs were tooling around in it. There was an extra ten miles on it which is unnecessary since both the squeak and the alignment problems are apparent and the dealership is right on a highway. Also found change all over my floor from where i keep it in the cubby hole. the only time that ever happens is under really hard acceleration so they ****** around in my car but didnt do a dam thing to it.

Niiiiice. **** that dealer, go to a new one, or a tire shop.

Get under it with a tub of grease, go to town on the bushings. The squeak will stop.

good lord, a stealership ******* you over for putting on larger tires.... what the **** is mazda's problem!

When I had my Nissan 350Z they have dealerships that allow you to come in dropped, large ass rims, TEST PIPES, TURBO KITS, any mod you want, and are MOD FRIENDLY!!!!

Seems like we have absolutely no freedoms with Mazda. I knew Nissan ROCKED but now that is even more justified when I see what Mazda does!

That would piss me off too. I used to live around the block from an exhaust place and their mechanics used to tear the hell out of car from that place. They'd smoke tires, rip around the corners & haul ass down the streets.

If they couldn't check your suspension or even work on your car because of the change in wheel size, then way were there any miles put on your car at all? What is the name and location of the dealership? (for everyone else's benefit)

CRYSTAL MAZDA
220 ROUTE 22 WEST
GREENBROOK, NJ

The service manager said he had a guy in with AFTERMARKET AIRFILTERS AND STUFF!!! He said they sent pictures of the engine bay to mazda and mazda told him to not work on it.

aaand the thing that really bothers me is that before i purchased the wheels and tires they said it was fine if i purchased from anywhere besides the dealer. Also i was in a couple of weeks ago for an oil change, they knew i had the different wheels and tires and they told me they couldnt do the alignment that day but i should come back in another day for them to do it.

Last edited:
good lord, a stealership ******* you over for putting on larger tires.... what the **** is mazda's problem!

When I had my Nissan 350Z they have dealerships that allow you to come in dropped, large ass rims, TEST PIPES, TURBO KITS, any mod you want, and are MOD FRIENDLY!!!!

Seems like we have absolutely no freedoms with Mazda. I knew Nissan ROCKED but now that is even more justified when I see what Mazda does!

same here!!! when i had my 350z they always took bets on what my next mod would be. such a awesome dealership

haha, that is awesome. this experience has definitely hurt the mazda brand name in my mind.

as I had mentioned above about my nissan, their dealerships are mod friendly. I am honestly having to become affraid of modding on this Mazda. They dont approve any mods... havign to waste time and money to uninstall stuff for dealership visits n all that, its complete crap!

The tire thing was explained well by someone else above, but I'm sure their machines can adjust to different size rims and tires.

Are the Rx-8 owners having just as many problems with dealerships? I'm sure people mod the hell out of RX-8s, so if dealerships are giving MS3 so much hassle the Rx-8 guys must be hating life!

I do not understand oversized wheels will not change the alignment so much as to cause a great deal of aggrevasion for the tech. the alignment can still done to within factory specs unless you went crazy huge with your wheels. Iwork for acura and have done alignments on many modded out tegs and rsxs with rims and lowering kits and what not and the only thing that I have ever seen severly effect the alignment settings are the lowering springs and on cars with those if the camber is not adjustable then we let the customer know and set the toe up for them. I rec. going to a tire store that does alignments and letting them do the alignment and then go ack to the dealer and show them the print out of everything being green........ and ask them why they were not able to do this but their competitors were

I do not understand oversized wheels will not change the alignment so much as to cause a great deal of aggrevasion for the tech. the alignment can still done to within factory specs unless you went crazy huge with your wheels. Iwork for acura and have done alignments on many modded out tegs and rsxs with rims and lowering kits and what not and the only thing that I have ever seen severly effect the alignment settings are the lowering springs and on cars with those if the camber is not adjustable then we let the customer know and set the toe up for them. I rec. going to a tire store that does alignments and letting them do the alignment and then go ack to the dealer and show them the print out of everything being green........ and ask them why they were not able to do this but their competitors were

then make them pay for the bill! ;) since it would have been covered under warranty right?

I was thinking that alignments go otu all the time, often from wheelhop or bumpy roads, so tis more of a wear and tear issue. Unless dealerships will do an alignment if its within the 3 years, then hell yeah I'll go to mine and get mine aligned!

Don't go to the dealer for anything except warranty work. Maintenance is better done by people who specialize. I take my 300C and the Mazda to a local quick-change place for oil changes. I've dealt with them for many years with no major issues. A tire retailer I've done business with for over thirty years rotates the tires on the "C" (mostly 'cause I can't get my jack under it), and the Speed will go there at 6K, 'cause it's WAY more convenient and they'll do it for $13. They'll do alignments when needed. I do the minor maintenance myself (wiper blades, air filters, etc.)

I change the oil in my Ram and the Camry myself, since they are not under warranty and there is no need for record-keeping.

Over sized wheels? They are just wider but shorter, you like that look? I wont go any more than 225/40-18. You get a lot more tires to choose from and dont sacrafice hieght as much (-6mm). Your dealership not doing the alignment, go some where else. They are probably more $$ anyway. Put your stockers on, take it in for the alignment and then switch them out when you get home.

So it's just an alignment problem? Taking a car to a dealership for that kind of service is just wasting dough. A local shop can do the exact same work for much less.

Don't know about you but I always check out the shop first when going to indys. If it's clean and well kept, I give them my business. Pride in your work and work area is important to me.

I also don't think you can "blame Mazda" for this. This is a dealership and the people who make up that office. If you get a bad Big Mac, do you blame all of McDonalds for when you go back and they don't refund your money? No. You just try to avoid going back to that location. Same thing applies here.

That dealership isn't worth spending any more money on because they are not customer service oriented and just take for granted that people will bring their cars in. Hopefully, sooner or later, they will feel their disregard for the customers in the wallet.

Don't go to the dealer for anything except warranty work. Maintenance is better done by people who specialize. I take my 300C and the Mazda to a local quick-change place for oil changes. I've dealt with them for many years with no major issues. A tire retailer I've done business with for over thirty years rotates the tires on the "C" (mostly 'cause I can't get my jack under it), and the Speed will go there at 6K, 'cause it's WAY more convenient and they'll do it for $13. They'll do alignments when needed. I do the minor maintenance myself (wiper blades, air filters, etc.)

I change the oil in my Ram and the Camry myself, since they are not under warranty and there is no need for record-keeping.

I do the same thing. My car does NOT go to the dealer unless it has to (warranty work). I find good local places for oil changes. I dont feel like having my warranty denied because they saw an intake in the engine bay.

up until now i wanted to go to the dealer because it was very close and there would never be any issues trying to find a good shop, i kind of feel like thats a roll of the dice. And the squeak issue is warranty so i thought i'd bring it in and get both taken care of. After this i certainly will not be giving them my business for service work.

Latest posts

Back