Snow Handling

I was having fun with the e-brake on my way home last night. There was just enough covering in my neighborhood to whip the back end out when I went around corners.

I'm using 15" Semperit Sport Grips that I got from a former MSP board member. $250 for the tires, rims, and wheel covers with one season on them. He bought a Subaru and had to unload them. They work great in snow and ice in combination with my ABS.

snowtires.jpg

I remember when I drove my P5 in the snow with my summer tires on. It was hell. I couldn't start off on a light and people were getting pissed. It was the most horrible thing. Change that s*** out, boy!

I use the stock P5 wheels and tires for snow and I do fine and love it. I've driven past snow plows during blizzards with the stockers and felt very confident.

I have the Dunlop winter tires ..... they are cheap but are amazing in the snow. I got 15" steelies and a set of tires from Tirerack. Delivered in one day mounted and balanced with a set of lugs for cheap. There was a truck stuck in the middle of the road, and I drove right by. I highly recommend for the price.
And yes....e-braking snow covered corners is great fun! I was driving through my appt complex like I was rallying the other night....at least it felt like it with the speed bumps and sharp turns.

I can't belive in all yer browsing on this forum you never came across a snow tire thread! Driving in snow on the stockers is wicked futile...you might as well have tires made of ******* snow. Now with my 16' sempirits on...I am a super tractiony snow demon, hell bent on kicking ass for America. BIIIIIIIG difference. Oh yeah, won't those chains rape your racing harts?

Man, I love my car in the snow. Handles so well, and with my Artic Alpines on, I seem to find myself speeding in the snow a little...these things have most excellent traction, like wow man.
msp5.jpg

there it is, secksy snow tire clad beast.
msp4.jpg

You'll notice the chunky deep snow grabbing tread, also the soft compound does really well on ice, and is pretty ******* good on dry road for a snow tire.
msp9%281%29.jpg

Man, just the other day we got about 6inches of powder, and that parking lot as pictured above was hella fun. Those comercials you see with the car drifting sideways, with the tunnel affect of snow going over the car and trailing off....was so me man. Like, my buddies said it looked like a ******* comercial. I visit this parking lot ofter, and I have gotten really good at sliding...and it comes in handy I tell ya. Just the other day I caught a huge ridge of plowed snow going around a bend in the country, and it turned the car sideways, and combined with some counter steering, and some gunning it, I managed to pull of what felt like a wicked rally slide...all the way around the corner, nose of the car hanging over a drop of about 2feet, front tires just barely not slipping in....it was pretty scary, but also exilerating. I got out, and walked back to check it out, my tire marks where literally about 3 inches from the drop....nothing the snows coulda done for me, well, maybe they helped me regain control. If I hadda slammed on the brakes, I woulda slid across the road into on-coming traffic(which was a big rig with trail of cars...they got a good show). Needless to say, I slowed down a bit around the corners after that...moral of the story, practice helps, but watch out for those ridges, I didn't even see the one I hit till I walked back...

I got some blizzaks on steel wheels and they rock. A couple of weeks ago we had a snow storm. My friend and I were parked in a parking lot coming from work. He has a 98 bmw 318 with some all seasons. Basically i had to push his car out with only like 3 inches on the ground at the time. My car was like a tank. I was just plowin through snow drifts and never got close to getting stuck.

Back