Smaller and better things

eljefe305

:
Mazda, Protege 5, VIVID yellow
Hey haven't posted on here in god knows how long. I guess i just wanted to say thank you for the wealth of knowledge I gained while i was posting on here. The turbo install was definitely a direct result of this forum as well as maintained by the information from here. Enough so, that i feel i have to update the forum on what's new.

I've moved on to the miata world. I love mazda's their spirit and direction coincide with my own i believe. The protege was a great car but at first was very underpowered and the suspension was very loose. After upgrades to fix both it still had the major flaw of being overweight and well.. FWD. Ideally my next car had to be a light weight RWD car. No need to list the options here but obviously the choice came down to the RX7 or Miata. Although the RX7 undoubtedly has more testosterone injected into it, the Miata seamed to be more reliable as those pesky rotaries would just pop and pop after boost.

So now enter my current Miata. A red 92 that will soon be boosted. The history of the engine and the car give me confidence in that it can handle it. I've gotten a bit into the whole JDM thing but still find somethings ridiculous. My direction with the car is something i can toss around at the track primarily and secondary would be something i can abuse at drift events. End of story! Thanks if you made it this far without wanting to punch me in the face!

Last edited:
Congratulations on that one then man. I think I would have gone with the RX-7 myself. But I love those cars lol. Either way, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new car!

Any pic's ?

From what I've seen the P5 is a stepping stone for some... I myself think I have until next year to look for something else.

Coldsteel... I see your still pimping the 22a>>22v... dreams some times come true you know, some times (lol2)

Back