Shocks / Struts?

Rainman, I've gone over a few hard dips and have yet to hit the bump stops.... mind you they weren't potholes......but no one should be going over those at all.

I wish I can cite an thread about the stock front shock travel measurements for you, but I'd be violating forum rules.

I wish I can cite an thread about the stock front shock travel measurements for you, but I'd be violating forum rules.

you could PM me a link to that thread, or PM me a copy and paste of what was specified in the thread's post (thumb), or else I can have you send it to my email address.

Mdogg thanks for letting me know....... when I took the rear stock springs off to put the megans on there wasn't a strut/shock inside the spring like I was expecting...... as the front looks.

I'll take a look at the koni yellows cause I definitely don't feel like paying $800 for the FSD.... I'm keeping that money for the plug and play EMS ;)

Maybe for the REGULAR 6...... but for the mazdaspeed6. Nope...... I wish I could use the regular 6 shocks, but the cars all weigh differently. from the 6 i to the 6 s and the speed6. :(

The weight of the car will effect spring choice. Shocks dampen the spring's movement. So getting the valving correct for the spring rate is more important.

Back