Shallow 12V socket

I just bought a 2008 CX-7. I can't plug anything in the 12V socket next to the shift knob, every adapter I try to connect (cell phone, Navi, MP3) just pop off from the socket since it appears to be too shallow (less than an inch depth!). Does anybody know how to remove the adapter and if it's possible to replace it with a deeper one (like the aux. adapter inside the center box). Thanks!

what?

try pushing harder? i have no issues with this.

I just bought a 2008 CX-7. I can't plug anything in the 12V socket next to the shift knob, every adapter I try to connect (cell phone, Navi, MP3) just pop off from the socket since it appears to be too shallow (less than an inch depth!). Does anybody know how to remove the adapter and if it's possible to replace it with a deeper one (like the aux. adapter inside the center box). Thanks!

All my 12V sockets are the same and they are deep enough for cell phone/MP3/Navi chargers.

Maybe yours has something stuck in it or you are not pushing hard enough.

Shallow 12V

Thanks folks! I went to the dealer and they told me the same, both sockets should be equal. Seems that the previous owner just replaced the original socket with this shallow one (wasn't the original), nobody knows why! Now I'm waiting for the part, they just hadn't it in stock...

Back