Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

Hold power and seek with Radio On then enter code 38

This should show you the firmware version. 7.0 is the new one. Just turn radio off to get out of mode

Thanks! It says 06.03.000 for HF Soft Version. That's the software not firmware though?

Thanks! It says 06.03.000 for HF Soft Version. That's the software not firmware though?

I don't know for sure but previous posts stated that the firmware from module is queried in this manner. That being said... TSB didn't state a firmware flash on head unit was necessary. IMO... they didn't swap the BT module in the dash or the one they swapped it with had not been upgraded or flashed.

I don't know for sure but previous posts stated that the firmware from module is queried in this manner. That being said... TSB didn't state a firmware flash on head unit was necessary. IMO... they didn't swap the BT module in the dash or the one they swapped it with had not been upgraded or flashed.

All Greek to me haha. Thank you for your help though. I called and left them a message to find out what the deal is. I'll assume that 6.03 should be a 7.0.

Thank you, I think you're exactly right. Been there twice today, and still working on diagnosing the issue, but I think you're right about the module they put in not being upgraded or flashed. I think they see that now too.

If someone does actually get the replaced 7.0 BT module to download a text message to an iPhone please let us know. Thanks!

IOS version:

Phone Model:

Wireless Provider:

If someone does actually get the replaced 7.0 BT module to download a text message to an iPhone please let us know. Thanks!

IOS version: 8.1.3

Phone Model: 6

Wireless Provider: AT&T

Make sure in your BT settings on your phone for the Mazda connection you enable the "show notifications" toggle.

Interesting... I am on 8.3 / iPhone 5 / Verizon

EDIT: I had wrong IOS version listed.

Last edited:
Yeah notifications have always been turned on. I notice if you turn that off it errors out fairly quickly and won't attempt to download messages.

I thought about factory resetting the Mazda head unit but seeing I had to re-pair the phone to head unit after module replacement that probably wouldn't do anything. Perhaps a reset of my iPhone? Everything else works though... probably just tinker away with it. At least the BT is far more reliable & speedy now. Still happy I got it swapped.

Last edited:
Took some pics. As others have seen the replacement box has old sticker on it but head unit is reporting the updated firmware.

FullSizeRender-6.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

Just had mine done today, iPhone 6+. It does remember the last song but also turns off the iPhone shuffle mode so the next songs are alphabetical after that unless I press the shuffle button on the radio. Sort of a bummer.

Have not had an text come in yet so don't know if that function is working yet.

Took some pics. As others have seen the replacement box has old sticker on it but head unit is reporting the updated firmware.

After it says message download complete what happens? It should take you to a screen with the messages listed. Then you have to press the speaker button next to each message to play it.

After it says message download complete what happens? It should take you to a screen with the messages listed. Then you have to press the speaker button next to each message to play it.

Unfortunately not... basically this is the same behavior as the old BT module in regards to SMS. It just returns to this screen.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

why is that.. <object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://lovesmileys.com/f/4/000000-0.8.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://lovesmileys.com/f/4/000000-0.8.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>? :/

Back