SCCA Auto-X Rules: Read This First, Then Ask Questions

just curious but im going to my first autocross this weekend. I wanted to know if i would benefit by raising my car (picture supplied). I'm sure at my height my suspension geometry is off and may give me issues with handling.

IMAG0015-1.jpg

For your first event I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just concentrating on getting through the course cleanly and getting faster each time will keep you plenty busy without worry about the suspension setup.

I know someone is probably going to just yell at me to go and read the rule book but what is the minimum age requirement for these events?

I know someone is probably going to just yell at me to go and read the rule book but what is the minimum age requirement for these events?

Minimum age for what, exactly?

Junior Karts start at 5, IIRC, through 16.
When you have your learner's permit you're allowed to co-drive with a parent in a big-boy car.
16 and up you can drive solo.

To simply get on-site and watch, 0 years to less than 18 years old you need a minor waiver signed by both parents / your legal guardian.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I just have been looking around and some things like these have wanted you to be older than 18 for the solo "big-boy cars".

Back