Say bye-bye to my '05...

lelola

:
2009 Mazda3 GT
This is all that is left of my Mazda3 after a massive fire 2 weeks ago that ripped through my place of employment and also destoyed several cars in the parking lot...

Attachments

• IMG_0594[1].JPG
    IMG_0594[1].JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0598[1].JPG
    IMG_0598[1].JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 325
  • HPIM0474.JPG
    HPIM0474.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 434
  • HPIM0475.JPG
    HPIM0475.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 301
  • HPIM0476.JPG
    HPIM0476.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 309
Pffft. That will buff out. Naw, but that sux dude, im guessing that the company is going to pay for you vehicle out of their fire insurance? Hope so.

I am very sorry to hear about your loss, maybe there is a brightside to this event, now you can look about getting a speed3!

Damn! that sucks man, sorry for your mazda3.
How is this gona get fix, you now insurance and stuff?

it's not going to get fixed. It's going to be pressed into potted meat cans and armco barriers.

Are you kidding me? Stop being a pansy. A little bit of Bondo and that will buff right out...

It looks like the severe heat buckled the sheet metal all around that car, and literally burned up the hoods sheet metal.
I love my 3 as well, but the sheet metal really needs improvement.

It looks like the severe heat buckled the sheet metal all around that car, and literally burned up the hoods sheet metal.
I love my 3 as well, but the sheet metal really needs improvement.

i had a garage fire back in may (some of you may remember) it has nothing to do with the metal itself. the fire extended to the driveway, and lit my moms sienna up. the hood was closed, but the fire was so intense, the metal seperated from the frame of the hood, and flew open and back into the windshield.

This is all that is left of my Mazda3 after a massive fire 2 weeks ago that ripped through my place of employment and also destoyed several cars in the parking lot...

holy crap dude. thats a nice large propane tank too. did it go up?

best 'o luck to you. hope all gets straightened out.

Holy crap! - look at the bright side - you can get a brand new MS3!!

Where in Alberta are you?

On a side note, who ever took that first photo was a brave person. That fire is getting close to those propane tanks.....I hope they where using a long zoom lens.

Pffft. That will buff out. Naw, but that sux dude, im guessing that the company is going to pay for you vehicle out of their fire insurance? Hope so.

beat me to the "it'll buff out" comment.... I knew I shoulda checked the forum last night

That really really sucks... do you even have a job right now considering the place burned up??

In response to everyone's questions....

Nobody was hurt in the fire - everyone managed to get out of the building safely.

I was unable to move my car because my keys were in my desk.

I have to go through my own insurance. Luckily I have a 30 month waiver of depreciation endorsement on my insurance which basically means if my car is a total loss within the first 30 months of ownership, the insurance co. is supposed to re-imburse what I paid for the car back in 2005. So since I only had the car for 28 months, they owe me a nice chunk of change...just wish they'd hurry up with the paperwork - my 2008 Mazda3 is on it's way.

The propane tank in the photo belongs to the business nextdoor. It was disconnected and moved so it didn't blow up....

And yes, I still have a job. The company has several buildings so they set up offices for most of us in one of them.

Kona Bear - I'm in Lethbridge.

Oh and btw, I'm a "she", not a "he"....

Back