2016 CX-5 puts itself in maintenance mode

A month ago I replaced the brake pads on my car, but the process was done without putting it in maintenance mode. Now my car puts me in a kind of emergency mode when I turn it on (orange parking brake light, tire pressure light, check engine light, and traction control light). I turn it on and off a couple of times and the lights disappear, all that's left is to check the engine. When I activate the parking brake, the orange parking light automatically comes on and the red light flashes, and disappears when I remove the parking brake.What can I do to fix it?

Oh boy.
Another one under the banner "I didn't put it in maintenance mode when doing the rear brakes".
My first question would be: How did you retract the rear caliper piston to make room for new pads?
I suspect your calipers are messed up, possibly beyond saving. As loath as I am to using dealers, you might want to get them to have a look at it and figure out if you can salvage the calipers.

A month ago I replaced the brake pads on my car, but the process was done without putting it in maintenance mode. Now my car puts me in a kind of emergency mode when I turn it on (orange parking brake light, tire pressure light, check engine light, and traction control light). I turn it on and off a couple of times and the lights disappear, all that's left is to check the engine. When I activate the parking brake, the orange parking light automatically comes on and the red light flashes, and disappears when I remove the parking brake.What can I do to fix it?
Go to here and read:

2016 CX-5 EPB puzzle

Since you have a 2016 CX-5 and your original rear calipers are prone to dragging or locking up the brakes, you should consider to get a pair of updated calipers to salvage the mistake you’d made. Read the TSB in the thread.

Another one bites the dust.

Not sure what your CX is doing but it sounds like some sort of limp mode.

Good luck with it.

And do you think that I need to change the actuators too?
Actuators? Did you mean EPB motors? Usually you don’t need to but It depends on how did you recover from your mistake? Did you turn the pistons or just push them without putting the EPB in the maintenance mode? Did the pistons ever got pushed out?

Actuators? Did you mean EPB motors? Usually you don’t need to but It depends on how did you recover from your mistake? Did you turn the pistons or just push them without putting the EPB in the maintenance mode? Did the pistons ever got pushed out?
wasn't me, but whoever did it didn't know about maintenance mode so he did it, I guess he forced the pistons manually. Currently one of the EPB motors is not fully activated and when scanning, the voltage does not drop to 0 when the parking brake is deactivated

Back