Maintenance mode gone bad (2018 CX-5)

I replaced the brakes pads on a 2018 CX5. I did not realize you had to put it into maintenance Mode. Once I got resistance while collapsing the piston I searched the problem and put it in maintenance mode. I must have broke the connector on the actuator so I ordered a new one and put it on. Now I can't get it out of maintenance mode and the parking brake light is flashing. I am getting no power to the actuator. I checked the fuses and they are good. Any idea where to locate the brake controller? Is there something I am missing?

Sorry to say it, but engaging maintenance mode while the caliper was already off, put you in a whole world of hurt. I'm guessing the piston is all the way out now.
What I don't understand is this actuator that you are referring to. What do you mean by actuator?
There is a motor on the back of the caliper that pushes and pulls the piston in and out when engaging/disengaging the e-brake. Is that what you mean by actuator?
I doubt your problem is the brake controller as well. You just messed up the caliper, sorry to say.
What usually happens in your scenario (engaging maintenance mode after disassembly) is that the electric motor on the back of the caliper pushes the piston out (and keeps pushing/rotating) until it disengages from the piston.
There is no way to reengage the two without disassembling the caliper....that I know of anyway.
Just replacing the motor will not help you. It won't be connected to the piston.
You may have to bite the bullet and buy a new caliper assembly.

Upvote 0
I too did the stupid put in maintenance mode while both wheels where apart and both pistons are all the way out. I tried taking it out of maintenance mode and i tried turning piston took motor off caliper but can not connect piston. So my question is if I put two new calipers on and re-assemble will all be ok?

Upvote 0
Back