Saturn wheels

XCLR8TN

:
2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
I picked up a set of Saturn wheels a few weeks ago to mount my Blizzaks on. They were cheap, $60 for the set of 4. I decided even though they were "just winter rims" that I should probably do something about the corrosion that was under the clearcoat. I flip flopped back and forth on what to do with them, originally wanting satin black w/yellow accents but I felt that was too "batman-y". They were originally machine finish with a clearcoat, and gunmetal color in the holes like this:

saturn_sc.jpg

(wow it took me 10 minutes to find a pic of these rims!)

Here's a teaser:

2a6690b5.jpg

The neon yellow has glow in the dark additive in it. Should make for some interesting snow drifts with the GoPro mounted behind the front wheel ;)

Last edited:
I've been looking for some trash rims for autox. Those are pretty kick ass terrible wheels there. Does pretty much any 4 x 100 fit? What about the center bore?

yeah those are beyond hideous in a funny way...then again..we drive 2's so we are obviously not concerned about looks...please take my spring money and do something awesome with it.

Thanks for the comments guys they should be done by the end of the week :)

As far as hub bore, the 2/miata have a teeny bore. I've never had an issue fitting other OEM's wheels. I'm not into Hondas so I've never tried those wheels but I'm not sure if they have smaller hub bores than us or not. I took a gamble on these without test fitting before buying, but you should check offset and spoke shape/clearance. These dish in a lot on the back so I guessed they'd clear the calipers. I test fit them a few days later and they fit :) they're a 15x6

Fam, your spring money will probably go to the Ducati fender fund when I drop those H&Rs off. I'd like to see my friend finish that bike :) looks just like this, all he needs is that rear fender:
http://www.theworldofmotorcycles.com/vintagebike-images/ducati_mark-3_diana_lg.jpeg

Last edited:
I want to try some Civic HX rims on a Mazda2. They're 14's, made by Enkei and under 10 lbs each.

So most any Miata wheel will fit? I'd like some 01 Miata LS rims. The 16's.

I just saw some of those for sale the other day.

The daisies hit the caliper bracket, could be fixed with a spacer. I think the Miatas have a higher offset than our 2's

Getting tires mounted tonight :) iPhone has issues picking up the sheer neon-ness of these. They are NEON freakin yellow so they have a touch of green in the yellow...

This pic shows the color the best:
IMG_9490.jpg

But here is how the others look:

IMG_9488.jpg

IMG_9523.jpg

I wasn't too worried about overspray on the back since the wheel is so solid in the front, you'll never see it. However, they don't really glow. The BACK glows... which leads me to believe the yellow/glow mix on the front is too thick. Which powderbuythepound.com never mentions. They just say 3oz of glow is good to dry mix into 2-3lbs of powder. We mixed 1.5oz into a pound, so we SHOULD have been good. Kinda disappointed since that glow additive isn't cheap...

They've been mounted :) oh how I missed Blizzaks. I'd say they are more than 10x better than stock tires. It's actually hard to get it sideways using the ebrake....

edb75a91.jpg

58c27e44.jpg

They already got a workout :)

c7a903d2.jpg

Last edited:
Good shot showing the color vs the yellow of a Dodge Neon:

yellow4.jpg

Fun with lights:

yellow3.jpg

I tried drawing the Mazda logo with lights but quickly figured out it was just about impossible. :(

Back