S-Pipe Pictures

ONRAILS said:
I've never gotten all the way up there, but is it pretty easy to unbolt the spipe from the turbo? Would I have to take this to a muffler shop to install, or could I do it in the drive way with ramps?

Also, when do you think we could get some dyno charts up that compares the gains from a stock setup?
iON suggests for installation of their TB to remove the radiator and exhaust mani to get easy access to the s-pipe for removal. Doesn't sound too hard, but then again, I have easy access to a lift, so I can get it done with no problem.

Bhamsan said:
iON suggests for installation of their TB to remove the radiator and exhaust mani to get easy access to the s-pipe for removal. Doesn't sound too hard, but then again, I have easy access to a lift, so I can get it done with no problem.
Lift or not it's still a pain in the ass :) I've done the proceedure.

GHL Motorsports said:
The best answer to the dyno question is time. I can get Ingrexco's car on the dyno but it will only reflect post exhaust installation with no baseline to go off of.

The S pipe is the most difficult part of the installation, if you are confident in your abailities you will be able to install this. I do not recomend this being your first venture into DIY installations. Everything else is very straight forward.
Because I was the one with the best understanding of the mechanics of this car... I personally took apart the car and reassembled it at GHL. If you want dyno numbers the best you will see are after results. quite frankly because i am a lazy son of a b****.

ONRAILS - the install of the S-Pipe isn't so much that its hard. its that its a pain and time consuming. its not that you have to remove the radiator its that you bend fins while you work. i didn't want to remove it either but i was bending alot of fins and decided well i might as well take this out. you have to disconect all of the coolant and oil lines to the turbo wich once again isnt hard just a pain. if you have never done anything like this i would strongly recomend having a friend who has or actually take it somewhere.

EDIT: This system with a cat and a resonator i feel a very noticible increase over the system i had on the car before... wich was the corksport system. im now legal with more power!

Last edited:
louder than stock for sure. its not over powering though. but i wouldn't want to go WOT into my neighborhood.

:) i have to go by an ilink cable for my camera but you should have sound clips very very soon... everything has broken in. as for the sound. louder than stock much quieter than a corksport. such a nice tone

INGREXCO said:
:) i have to go by an ilink cable for my camera but you should have sound clips very very soon... everything has broken in. as for the sound. louder than stock much quieter than a corksport. such a nice tone
Good to hear that it's not unbearable. This could be a possibility in the near future, and I may just have to swing for the full TB instead of trying to get some custom piping to mate up to my JIC...

wow, that sounds just like what i want. i feel the itch, i might have to order it. damnit!

if he does a 50% down and rest at ship type thing i think i might be able to do it. im gettin married in 22 days so thats a priorty money wise. woot.

terbow said:
if he does a 50% down and rest at ship type thing i think i might be able to do it. im gettin married in 22 days so thats a priorty money wise. woot.

Congratulations!

If the reason you would like to pay in this way is to keep the intro price I have no problem in doing that.

Phill

Damn... I was hoping that it wasn't that involved. So basically, I'm looking at $900+, and another $200 or so to install. Damn...
So how much more whp will I gain from what I got now? I'm guessing after the fmic, I'm doing about 220whp. Apex 2.5" midpipe, 2.5" pipe to axle (no resonator). Right now my car is really strong as is... so would this tb make enough difference to justify the amount of $$ I'll be spending?

INGREXCO said:
Because I was the one with the best understanding of the mechanics of this car... I personally took apart the car and reassembled it at GHL. If you want dyno numbers the best you will see are after results. quite frankly because i am a lazy son of a b****.

ONRAILS - the install of the S-Pipe isn't so much that its hard. its that its a pain and time consuming. its not that you have to remove the radiator its that you bend fins while you work. i didn't want to remove it either but i was bending alot of fins and decided well i might as well take this out. you have to disconect all of the coolant and oil lines to the turbo wich once again isnt hard just a pain. if you have never done anything like this i would strongly recomend having a friend who has or actually take it somewhere.

EDIT: This system with a cat and a resonator i feel a very noticible increase over the system i had on the car before... wich was the corksport system. im now legal with more power!

if anyone in the east coast wants to check it out...i just put my order in w/ GHL for one of these. So if anyone is curious or wants that last peek before giving in to temptation, feel free to give me a buzz once I get it and install it, and maybe we can work something out for you to see/hear it.

P.S. I'm in Northern New Jersey about a half hour out of NYC

-Jon

Back