**********'s New Intake Manifold 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
********** said:
Call and we will give it to you over the phone. No love lost.

Attribute for the EGR has a yes and no option now.

What is the purpose for the EGR, and does it "hurt" anything to have it?
Thanks.

CasopoliS said:
What is the purpose for the EGR, and does it "hurt" anything to have it?
Thanks.

EGR stands for exhaust gas recirculation and to my knowledge if it is disconnected or blocked off you will throw a CEL. same reason why header without an EGR bung throws a CEL.

Cullen, I am interested in one of these, can you PM me about it? thank you.

Mallard said:
Can you overlay the dynos so they can actually be compared at every rpm that you measured? Could you at least post them both using the same scale?

Why did you start the dyno at 4400 rpm's? It's not much above that that the VICS would be open anyway so how are we supposed to look at that and say that removing VICS would be better? When I talk about losing low end power/torque I'm talking about area before the turbo is producing peak boost, before 4000 rpm.

Sorry about the scale, that was my bad. Here is a excel plot that has the correct scale and the dyno numbers for every 100 RPM's...

http://www.**********.com/StreetPics/dyno.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info now how much to have it p&p.

********** said:
Piece of cake, I have a diagram here that will walk you through it. TB is in stock location, you can use your current piping. If you don't like it, I won't believe you.(wink)

********** said:
Sorry about the scale, that was my bad. Here is a freehand plot that I just did really quick with correct scale...

http://www.**********.com/StreetPics/CCI00008.jpg

No time, gotta be ghetto, sorry.

Nice job, cullen, way to keep it old-school.

I tried to re-create the plots in excel. The points should be really close. I drew a line every 100 rpm, and traced it to the Y-axis.

HP and TQ
manitqhp8ww.jpg

HP
manihp7is.jpg

TQ
manitq8og.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think PnP and extrude hone are necessary, or just one or the other. It seems like you would not need to polish much, just make the ports bigger the hone. Anyway... thanks for any help on this topic guys.

CasopoliS said:
I tried to re-create the plots in excel. The points should be really close. I drew a line every 100 rpm, and traced it to the Y-axis.

Graphs are incorrect, appreciate the effort but these guys will tear that apart. I can get you the exact numbers to plug in if u call...

********** said:
Graphs are incorrect, appreciate the effort but these guys will tear that apart. I can get you the exact numbers to plug in if u call...

as general curves I have got to be close.... I only took points every 100 RPM so some peaks might not show up. Like the TQ peak on the test dyno @ 4050 RPM did not get recorded as it is between points.

These are just general curves everybody... not hard data from the machine.

EDIT: Plots have been updated

Cullen, how do they look now?

Last edited:
********** said:
Sorry about the scale, that was my bad. Here is a freehand plot that I just did really quick with correct scale...

http://www.**********.com/StreetPics/CCI00008.jpg

No time, gotta be ghetto, sorry.
Thanks. Yuo have to understand that I'm not trying to tear your product apart or bash it, and I'm not skeptical that it can make more peak power. However, before dropping that much money on any product I like to research it completely. I'd still like to see the dynos from lower rpm's if anyone is buying this and dynoing before and after. I'm not always over 4000 rpm on the track, especially if I'm pulling out of a slow corner.

Mallard said:
Thanks. Yuo have to understand that I'm not trying to tear your product apart or bash it, and I'm not skeptical that it can make more peak power. However, before dropping that much money on any product I like to research it completely. I'd still like to see the dynos from lower rpm's if anyone is buying this and dynoing before and after. I'm not always over 4000 rpm on the track, especially if I'm pulling out of a slow corner.

The TEST Dyno shows 3800 on, how much lower would you like it? The BASE was higher at 4400, but you can get the drift for the most part. The gains are there, high and low end, against what so many nay-sayers have said on this forum about the manifold. It works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back