Rusty Car Hood Trend

SpicyTarzan

:
Mazdaspeed protege
I was curious what you guys thought about this idea?

32055110946_large.jpg

Attachments

• VW-rusty hood.jpg
    VW-rusty hood.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 175
Never said it was a new trend lol i was just curious what you guys thought about it kinda thinking about doing it to my spicy but i didnt wana get called a douche bag all day lmao

YOU'RE about 20 years late with the improper use of ''your'' considering it was taught in elementary school.

LOL^^

Instead of just bashing his thread, just give YOUR opinions.

I don't get it, never liked it, looks stupid IMHO. I first started noticing it on some local Honda kids, than some VW's. Everyone had a different way of doing it, still never understood why or how they thought it looked good. To each their own.

Its a new form of rice. KILL IT!

Some cars can pull it off, protege not being one of them

I've seen an entire Honda done like this and it looked ok, he did it because he wanted it to look like a pos till he opened the hood

I don't like the rusted look. There was a guy driving around my area in a VW that about scraped the road everywhere he went. It was black with baby blue wheels. He had the hood painted with the paint that was like a chalk board. It was definitely different.

Never seen this style before. Not sure if I really like it :/ Seems like you would have rust stains all over your bumper and fender after it rains (notcool)

Maybe I should do it to my front wheel arches so they match the back ones, and do the rocker panels since are a little rusty too. Then my car will have a style instead of just being another rust bucket.

If I had to do something rediculous to the hood of my speed I would try to simulate a brushed aluminum or stainless look.

Thanks for all the imput im think about buying an old hood to try it out, ive seen the brushed aluminum look and it wouldnt look good on a spicy at all that why i considered the rusty lol

don't like the rusty look myself, i just don't see what's to like.
but....
there was once a craigslist add for a 240sx and the guy who did that cars hood knew what was up. The hood had a giant graphic of a wizard holding a staff with his hand out, sort of like a gandalf "you shall not pass thing"
Craigslist add says, simply, "Hey, like wizards? BUY THIS CAR!"
If you should choose the giant wizard approach, then you have my full support

Back