Rotary Amuse' FD3S Track Toy

Rotary-Amuse

:
1993 Mazda RX-7, 2004 Audi TT 225 quattro Coupe
here's my project car. nothing too crazy.

IMG_0304-1.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

IMG_6214.jpg

335.jpg

DSC02582.jpg

WorldOfWheels2006017.jpg

UMassShow091.jpg

DynoRun11psiand13psiwgroundingkit.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

action.jpg

Devens-1.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

LimeRockRacePics7.jpg

LimeRockRacePics8.jpg

LimeRockRacePics11.jpg

LimeRockRacePics10.jpg

1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring
13b 1.3L Twin Turbo Rotary Engine; 348.18rwhp & 315.94rwtq at 13psi; 330.99rwhp & 277.06rwtq at 11psi; 2690 pounds without driver and gas

Engine
HKS S-Type Front Mount Intercooler, Downpipe, Racing Suction Kit, Carbon Ti Exhaust, SSQV Blow Off Valve, Circle Earth Grounding Kit, US Spec 1 Turbo Timer, EVC V Boost Controller; Pettit Resonated Mid Pipe, Air Pump Eliminator Pulley Kit, Air Separator Tank; Efini Y-pipe; Unorthodox Racing SS Pulley Kit; Ground Zero/Pineapple Racing Oil Pan; Noltec Motor Mounts; A'PEXi Power FC, FC Commander; Fluidyne Radiator; Carbing Cooling Panel; Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump; RC Injectors 550cc Primary Injectors, 1200cc Secondary Injectors; NGK BUR7EQ Spark Plugs, BUR9EQ Spark Plugs; Castrol 20w50 Motor Oil

Suspension
TEIN Super Street Coilovers, Solid Upper Pillow Ball Mounts; Racing Beat 1.25" Front Sway Bar, Front Sway Bar Brace, Rear Sway Bar; Cusco D-Style Front Strut Tower Bar; Rotary Extreme Rear Strut Tower Bar; RX-7.com Trailing Arms, Toe Links

Transmission
ACT 6 Puck Racing Clutch, Pro-Lite Flywheel; Mazda Factory Clutch Disc; Cusco 1.5way LSD; RX-7.com Solid Differential Bushings B&M Short Throw Shifter; Stainless Steel Clutch Line; Red Line 75w140 Gear Oil, Limited Slip Friction Modifier

Brakes and Tires
KVR Slotted Rotors, Carbon Brakes; RBF600 Brake Fluid; Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Line; Kumho Escta Supra 712 Tires

Interior
Sparco Evo Seat, Sprint V Seat, Globe X Shift Knob, 5 Point Cam Lock Harnesses, Leather Shift Boot, Leather E-brake Boot, 345 Wheel; NRG Quick Release Kit, Hub Adapter; MemoryFab Super-lo Seat Rail; Autopower Race Roll Bar; Carbon Fiber Globe Box; Rotary Extreme Carbon Fiber Door Sills; Benevento 16 Piece Carbon Fiber Overlay; Bose Speakers Removed, Acoustic Wave System Removed, Stereo; AEM Wideband AFR Gauge; Autometer Carbon Fiber Series Water Temp Gauge, Oil Temp Gauge, Oil Pressure Gauge, Boost Gauge, Exhaust Gas Temp Gauge, Triple Gauge Pod; Tri-Power Center Channel Dual Gauge Pod; RX-7.com FC Commander Holder; Viper 791XV Alarm; Lo/Jack Car Security System

Exterior
Powdercoated Rims; Rotary Extreme Carbon Fiber N1 Hood, Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

omg, i hate you

that would be my daily driver, garage kept, and you have it as a track car

jealousy is killing me

love your car very clean to be a track car. im building a 87 RX-7 for track it should be done in a couple months

That's a bad ass 7! Not because it has a 20B swap or some $20,000 bodykit from Japan...but simply because it has been tastefully modified via a very balanced approach...At least in my opinion...lol...:p

Very nice man...Great mods...I dig it! (2thumbs)

Thanks for sharing and definitely keep us updated! :D

SICK!

The stock look of an FD is pure sex.
Cars like this is what makes me put a little bit more money in savings...

thanks a lot for the compliments guys. the cars getting there. it's taken 6+ years to get it to this level, it will take many more to finish it.

you got my build theory spot on, Anotoine. i wanted to build a well rounded car keeping all aspects of the vehicle in mind. from safety, handling, performance, and reliability. once all the functionality bits are done, ill take care of the looks. ive been playign a game of compensation and balance. i've added something to one aspect, i would throw off another. i have seen a lot of cars with a huge single turbo without supporting mods or safety equipment or even upgraded brakes. some people don't understand that you need more then a lot of power to have a fast car. it works for some people, but thats not how i want my car to be. it might not be the fastest car, but it will be strong as a whole (eventually). thanks.

lucky#7- cars like this have kept money out of my savings account :). thanks.

thanks again for the compliments. i have a lot more pictures if anyone wants anymore.

if you guys wanna see 'em, i dont mind showin' 'em. here are some pictures of the build from over the past 6 years. she's gone through a lot of changes and upgrading and switching. still a work in progress.

here is the first batch of pictures of the build (NOTE: A lot of pictures)

it sat for a little while, so it was very dirty. the beautiful red seats were replaced due to a funky mildew smell. i want to eventually wrap my Sparco's in the same color suede or leather. i love the red and black combo, and it's rare equipment. leather plus racing wasn't making sense. throw in the mildew, and they had to go.

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

13-1.jpg

14-2.jpg

15-1.jpg

30-2.jpg

seat set up #1 didn't fit very well (Sparco Torinos) so i eventually replaced them with the current Sparco set up:

19-1.jpg

16-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

18-1.jpg

35-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

23-1.jpg

25-1.jpg

26-1.jpg

27-1.jpg

33-1.jpg

34-1.jpg

DSC00927.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00926.jpg

DSC00930-1.jpg

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00939.jpg

DSC01087.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01115.jpg

DSC01128.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01178.jpg

DSC01239-1.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

Welcome, looks good! It seems we're getting a wealth of new rotary members here. Are you guys defecting from RX7Club or just new in general?

I'm not surprised the Torino's didn't fit in the narrow-assed FD. I have the same ones left over from my Protege that will be going into the FC - hopefully no problems there. Are the silver wheels in the first post Borbet's? I swear they look like the aftermarket Borbet's on my FC (were on there when I got it). They actually look decent on the FD while they look like ass on my FC in 15".

rx7club... good place for information but don't dare ask a question....

The FD came a long way... That hood is one of my favorites for an FD.

thanks magnum. i am a member of many RX-7 clubs, primarily RX-7Club. i like this one as it is a mix of a lot of different Mazdas, so it is a broader niche.

the silver wheels are 16x7 Sport Edition S3s. i bought them for a season of autocross to fit some R-comp kumhos on. i sold the whole set up eventually, and just have the stockers powdercoated black. i will get another set of rims eventually. here is a pic for comparison:

DSC00561.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

(im the one in gray on the right)

i saw a picture of your car. i think it looks pretty good. i like the fat 5 spoke.

i don't want to go promoting RX-7club on this forum, but it is a great wealth of information. they do bust on you if you ask the wrong question or if a question has been beaten into the ground. thats why i always just search first, and save myself the hassle.

yea i love my hood. it is my favorite FD hood as well. its not an actual RE Amemiya piece, but is still a top notch piece from Rotary Extrme.

here are some more, i guess:

2006 SCCA Nationals:
DSC00531.jpg

my mom's old RX-8 and my RX-7:
DSC01225.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

carbon fiber door sills:
426.jpg

photoshoot with some red sashes that are getting removed:
380.jpg

355.jpg

339.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

some of my girlfriend's work:
rick5555.jpg

rick6763.jpg

RASig.jpg

Postercomplete.jpg

thanks guys

thanks magnum. i am a member of many RX-7 clubs, primarily RX-7Club. i like this one as it is a mix of a lot of different Mazdas, so it is a broader niche.

i don't want to go promoting RX-7club on this forum, but it is a great wealth of information. they do bust on you if you ask the wrong question or if a question has been beaten into the ground. thats why i always just search first, and save myself the hassle.

Welcome...your fd is really nice its great to see the simplicity of a mostly stock looking car setup to be a track weapon.

And I think a lot of us agree on the rx7 club thing, there is soooo much info over there (and even more so over on nopistons) but just like honda tech it seems like everything has been asked or done 5 different ways. The biggest pain is actually finding what your looking for. I do like our little corner on this forum though, luckily we have survived without getting the attention of the super rice drifter crowd. (Don't get me wrong drifting is neat and seriously set up drift cars are awesome just not a fan of the wannabes)

Looking good! Have not seen you in a long time bro. You should come to our NEPOC meets sometime.

thanks.

i dont think i posted it anywhere, but my name is Rick. it is nice to meet you all. i just love cars and love what i'm doing with mine. it's always nice meeting people who are into cars, no matter what kind. i can't lie, there are some car crowds that scare me. mostly the younger more reckless crowd. maybe i'm getting old? as for drifting, i see where you're coming from. i appreciate and respect the skill required, and people always ask if i drift mine, but i would never throw my car at a wall sideways at 90mph+. maybe im a whimp, but not my style of motorsport. plus i am used to fasted wins, so when you add style into judging, it gets a little too fuzzy for me. they have a lot of events in NJ, ill have to shoot down to an event and check it out.

my car is definitely simple but fully functional. nothing crazy at all. kind of like a switch army knife; simple, but very useful. i have a pretty good build plan im sticking with, so once everythings squared away, ill take this training wheels package off and step it up to 400+whp. its still not as well balanced as i'd like it. the never ending project. there isn't a sigh smilie so i'll put this one for my patience with this project and my poor wallet: (ughdance)

Josh- i just joined NEPOC. I would definitely be up for a meet. where do they usually take place? i saw that you were thinking of doing another Cape Cruise in the fall. I had a lot of fun at the one i went to, so i will be in for this one too. i see your car is still looking good as always. let me know if you need any help setting the cruise up.

Your FD looks good and it looks like you had to do some serious cleanup work from the "just got it" pictures.

You have quite the pile of HKS goods under the hood, nice.

Derrick

thanks Derrick.

i love HKS. a little pricey, but well worth it. i keep telling myself the T04Z is too laggy for me to dodge the price tag. think you guys could get your hands on the HKS V-mount? i am going to need a more reliable track set up, so the front mount will have to go. i like the angle of the kit more then others. plus the included adjustable panel is cool.

i just took a look at CorkSport's website. looks like you guys have redone it since i was last there. it's lookin good. lot's of good stuff. we'll be in touch for parts in the future.

thanks again.

Back