Roof Rack For The Mazda5 Thread

No, so because of that it's too noisy without the fairing on, so I removed the entire rack system when I took off the carrier.

You out the 10% code during check out. It's in the other information section after you shipping info.

I have had my Inno's for a few months now - I just took them off since it's no longer snowboard season in St. Louis :( I have 2 things for the newbies to Inno Racks:
1) DON'T USE THE AUTOMATIC CARWASHES THAT HAVE THE BRUSHES!! Go TOUCHLESS! (I know, the brush one's aren't good for your car anyway, but sometimes I'm lazy!) I actually came out w/ a bent rack system! Maybe it is that the snowboard attachment is too bulky? Anyways, don't even attempt it. I never had a problem w/ my Yakimas getting off kilter. But that may be because my bars were always factory on every vehicle until my 5.
2) If anyone can fabricate a better style 'fit hook' (mounting bracket) that has a hole in the MIDDLE of it for roof attaching, LET ME KNOW! I don't like how the whole thing is held on by 1/2 of that metal bracket.
Let me make sure I have them on correctly - the Mazda 5 only has 1 hole to attach that metal 'fit hook' to, Right??

I just want to let ya'll know what happened and why my racks weren't stable.....ORS didn't send me the bottom 1/2 of my attachment bracket. And since the instructions were in Chinese, i didn't know that I was missing the cushion base and the base bracket. All i received was the metal base unit that has the 2 holes on each end. So I attached that bracket directly to my 1 roof point - which means that pressure was not even on the bracket.
Anyway, I am really lucky that I didn't lose my boards this winter!! The Inno guys in Cali and the ORS people were VERY helpful with trying to figure out what was going on w/ my set up! I should have the missing parts next week :)

Glad Cargogear.com didn't mess up my order. ;) Shameless endorsement. I don't work for them, just one happy customer.

Thanks for the tip on the INNO rack sale at ORS - used the 10% coupon. $150 shipped can not be beat. I priced the Thule at $350. Hopefully, the order will ship complete. I will inspect upon arrival. Good to hear ORS were helpful and made good on the incomplete rack system.

pwrpf01 - Sounds like you didn't get the TR120 fit hooks. It's a metal plate that screws to the single fixpoint of the car's roof through a rubber pad and has 2 holes on the ends so that the plate that the rack stays hook onto are centered with the fixpoints.

Just put the rack on this afternoon. Added the small fairing (holy crap it takes up alot of room on the front bar) and two upright lock bike racks (INA382).

I guess if I want to put on a cargo box and place the two bikes on the outer edges the fairing will have to be removed.

Need to take it out for a test ride and see if anyting flies off the roof. Rather happen to me before the mom taxi takes the kids to school.

Added the small fairing (holy crap it takes up alot of room on the front bar)

I didnt think the small one took up a lot of room on the front bar? The pics I have seen of the small one make it look tiny...reference:

a5f9bf0e.jpg

de33cc21.jpg

I just received a medium fairing for my inno and it fits perfectly on the roof...in my opinion its a much better fit than the small fairing that inno recommends (pictured above)

InnoFairingComparison.jpg

+1 on the Medium INNO fairing looking like a better fit. Maybe Sgt. meant it takes up alot of attachment points on the front bar? Looks like both fairing use three spots on the front bar that could be used for other mounts.

I am still waiting on my INNO rack from ORSRACKDIRECT as the cross bars are on back order. I understand that they want to ship the complete order as one shipment as it is free shipping to me. They missed their revised shipment date by a week now, I will give them another week before I start becoming a squeaky wheel. I don't really need it till the end of May.

But I could have used the INNO rack yesterday, as I picked up the MEDIUM cargo box from the dealer. The dealer Medium cargo box is a THULE Atlantis 1600XT, 74"Lx36"Wx16"H, 16 CuFt. It barely fit inside the 5, had to put the front passenger seat all the way to the front. Luckly, I was the only in the car for the trip. Got the box from the dealer at S plan pricing, which was a better deal than anywhere else as they usually charge extra shipping for such a large item.

Thanks for the tip on Inno roof rack. Can not wait to install mine. Also I got engine warning light P0455. I checked the gas cap and it was fine. Should I reset the light or check more?

Make sure you're gas cap clicks half a dozen times or more every time. You can also check your gas cap rubber seal and make sure it's full intact. After doing that, I would reset the PCM and see if the code return. If it does, you have a EVAP leak somewhere.

I will check the gas cap again. Is the EVAP leak under warranty? I still have the emission and powerdrive warranty 5yrs/50,000miles ( no longer bumper to bumber).

Only if it's not because of human error, like your gas cap. Otherwise YES. Clear your code after re-seating your gas cap and see if it returns, as the dealer will charge you if they do it for you.

One problem I found with the Inno rack, it sits lower than the stock rack. when you have bike racks installed, you can't open the moonroof all the way. The rack needs to sit almost 2 inches taller than it does if you want to be able to open the moon roof with bike racks. Oh well at least they look a lot better than the oem racks and are half the cost!!!

Back