Ride is to stiff, bumpy - P5 suspension question

oh ok, I was getting worried, it sounded like you didn't want to feel the road or the car

Hello,

I have had my P5 for a few months and what I can say it has strange suspension as for a daily driving. I had stock springs (and tires size is16/195/50), a few days ago I changed stock shocks to new KYB Excel-G(they are comparable to stock) but the ride is still uncomfortable. I live in area where there are a lot of 'crappy' roads. I feel every crack, every liitle shingle. It is to hard, it is to bumpy, it shakes a lot! What I can do else to make it more comfortable on horizontal bumps?
Please help..

Is there a DIY on this site for strut replacement? Thanks.

Also the larger side wall a tire has the more "shock impact" from the road will be absorbed for a smother ride which is why your winter tires ride smoother. Also the firmness of the sidewall on the tire matters to.

Is there a DIY on this site for strut replacement? Thanks.

check the link in my sig.

Give the struts some time. I put in a set of those in June, were very stiff at first, butthey have softened somewhat with time/miles (or km)

akkilles, you must be in your 40's or getting near there. I was thinking the same thing about my P5. But I'm willing to sacrifice the stiffness for the fun handling:) I got an explorer for longer trips:)

Back