Repethemazdas DIRTY- BuIlT/BuIlD THREAD------look!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cuz people dont give the little v4s a chance so they swap to a v6 or v8, and i dont aprove of that, and yes i dont make sence sometimes but im diffrent, i see things diffrent in the world we live in :) but yea iv never liked anything besides 4 bangers thats just how i am, wen i like somthing i stick with it..

what's a v4? lol, Jk man. Im sticking with the FS. A lot of people in my area including a few with MS6's and MS3's say that our motor will never see over 200hp or break 14s in the 1/4 mile. Both are easily reached on stock block with stock turbo. One guy that used to have a MSP and always came to me for advice on the car, traded it for a STI and now talks s*** about our car and how slow it is. Even went as far as to tell me, it will never reach 300hp built or not when there are proteges above 400hp right now as we speak. I just can't wait to build mine and walk all over his STI and all the other guys that talk s*** about our cars. I can then say mine was "built not bought". Ok, Im done ranting..lol

Shame on the STI owner for comparing horsepower like that. The MSP is a special car due to its limited production.
any of us could walk out of our houses and find an STI, especially in that blue color they always love :p

Shame on the STI owner for comparing horsepower like that. The MSP is a special car due to its limited production.
any of us could walk out of our houses and find an STI, especially in that blue color they always love :p

i saw an 07 sti yesterday, gold wheels and blue body. nice shape. chick driving it. she stared me down while i stared her down lol

what's a v4? lol, Jk man. Im sticking with the FS. A lot of people in my area including a few with MS6's and MS3's say that our motor will never see over 200hp or break 14s in the 1/4 mile. Both are easily reached on stock block with stock turbo. One guy that used to have a MSP and always came to me for advice on the car, traded it for a STI and now talks s*** about our car and how slow it is. Even went as far as to tell me, it will never reach 300hp built or not when there are proteges above 400hp right now as we speak. I just can't wait to build mine and walk all over his STI and all the other guys that talk s*** about our cars. I can then say mine was "built not bought". Ok, Im done ranting..lol

over 400 s*** over 500 lol! that one dude with that gun metal msp, i dont know his user name but yea lol

true that!

I don't bash the FS's because both of mine ran perfectly and are both living in different Protege's now. I understand why you would want to root for the underdog but not sure why you "hate" V6's and V8's. Haha. I'm not mad or anything, just a little confused. I personally think the KL is a better platform to build on than the FS, that's why I swapped. But best of luck once again to ya, mate. Hopefully this car will be moving under it's own power sooner than later. (2thumbs)

^^^exactly, they are two completely different platforms with different baseline power levels. A lot of v8 guys always ask me why I waste my money on a 4 cylinder. All I say is, I like the challenge of making a little 130hp motor pull away from your v8 all day knowing I built it. Anyone can buy a faster car and brag all day about power levels or track times. Only a select few have the patience and knowledge to take cars like ours to a completely different level. Yeah, it may cost a pretty penny. But in the end it is worth it. Look at BrianMP5T,mspeed5t,Laracroft(no longer on the forum),SignatureSound(no longer on the forum) and Maxx Mazda for example. Awesome builds and would more than likely demolish most v8s due to weight especially Brianmp5t who went the extra mile and got custom ratio straight cut gears to be able to reach 180mph. Nobody who goes out and buys a fast car right off the bat will be able to say or do these kind of things.

My mazdas have 4 cylinders. My jeep had a straight 6 which was awesome. My mustang has a 289 v8. I'm not a fan of v6 FWD though. Don't get me wrong, I would drive the fudge out of a v6 P5 just because I love these cars so much and that would be awesome. I feel they took a wrong turn by building the Tiburon GT. V6 and fwd just doesn't seem to belong. That's where the genesis came in. However, that's hyundai and no one cares about them lolz.

his doesn't count. he has not broken his trans yet

fixed

and yea what about the 1.6 you had it wasent quick enough for you so you got the FSZE you did exactly what all those guys did by swapping in a bigger motor so you cant hate on that. Yeah you still have a 4cyl but its the principal of the matter.

fixed

and yea what about the 1.6 you had it wasent quick enough for you so you got the FSZE you did exactly what all those guys did by swapping in a bigger motor so you cant hate on that. Yeah you still have a 4cyl but its the principal of the matter.
True

I don't bash the FS's because both of mine ran perfectly and are both living in different Protege's now. I understand why you would want to root for the underdog but not sure why you "hate" V6's and V8's. Haha. I'm not mad or anything, just a little confused. I personally think the KL is a better platform to build on than the FS, that's why I swapped. But best of luck once again to ya, mate. Hopefully this car will be moving under it's own power sooner than later. (2thumbs)

i couldnt agree more, who wouldnt want "power on tap" per se
its useful in all circumstances, not to mention the heat of summer.

oops, I wasn't expecting that many posts that quickly. my last post #228 was in response to Midnight Protege post #222. Tried to edit and quote but it won't let me edit or quote for some reason.

^^^exactly, they are two completely different platforms with different baseline power levels. A lot of v8 guys always ask me why I waste my money on a 4 cylinder. All I say is, I like the challenge of making a little 130hp motor pull away from your v8 all day knowing I built it. Anyone can buy a faster car and brag all day about power levels or track times. Only a select few have the patience and knowledge to take cars like ours to a completely different level. Yeah, it may cost a pretty penny. But in the end it is worth it. Look at BrianMP5T,mspeed5t,Laracroft(no longer on the forum),SignatureSound(no longer on the forum) and Maxx Mazda for example. Awesome builds and would more than likely demolish most v8s due to weight especially Brianmp5t who went the extra mile and got custom ratio straight cut gears to be able to reach 180mph. Nobody who goes out and buys a fast car right off the bat will be able to say or do these kind of things.

amen!!!!

I totally agree with you guys on building something up and not simply buying something already quick from a dealership. Anyone can just buy an STi and drive around like a hard ass. I'm basically building my own Speed3 but at much less of a cost and much more unique. But I still won't drive around like a hard ass, no worries. haha

I totally agree with you guys on building something up and not simply buying something already quick from a dealership. Anyone can just buy an STi and drive around like a hard ass. I'm basically building my own Speed3 but at much less of a cost and much more unique. But I still won't drive around like a hard ass, no worries. haha

I'd rather not have an unexpected bill :) Our cars get more attention than most anywho

fixed

dont get me wrong brandon the 1.6l had some nuts, i stomp v6 comeros so fuken easy, and i was bone stock with full interior and all, he had a header and intake, but the 2.0l has more aftermarket parts and goods to get stuff done... u build that 1.6l and be happy that ur doin something that no has really done whitch build a 1.6l...

This is the difference between a car fan / kiddie and a real car enthusiast.

Unfortunately the majority of people who envy cars these days would rather oogle at carbon copy STI/EVOs than our cars.
Their loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back