redline transmission fluid

I just loosened the bolt on my TWM shifter about a turn, and this did reduce shift effort while also introducing a touch of slop into the linkage.

Anyone else with a TWM know how much the bolt went beyond the lock nut? My bolt even after loosening it sticks out a thread or two.

After "working in" the Redline Shockproof for a few days the shifts seem a bit smoother. I am satisfied for now with the little notchiness I still have, and I am tired of messing with it. Hopefully it will only get better, but if it gets worse I will prob just change out the tranny myself.

P5w3kids said:
I just loosened the bolt on my TWM shifter about a turn, and this did reduce shift effort while also introducing a touch of slop into the linkage.

Anyone else with a TWM know how much the bolt went beyond the lock nut? My bolt even after loosening it sticks out a thread or two.
I just torqued it to the specs TWM gave me. I don't remember the spec because I installed it over a year ago. Call them or look on there website.

Back from the dead again, question:

What is the difference with Redline MT-90 and MTL?

I have an offer for MTL, should I take it?

ELEmental59437 said:
After "working in" the Redline Shockproof for a few days the shifts seem a bit smoother. I am satisfied for now with the little notchiness I still have, and I am tired of messing with it. Hopefully it will only get better, but if it gets worse I will prob just change out the tranny myself.
So have your shifts improved?

eh i put in redline, id does make shifting a bit smoother. although not much but it does help.

JustMe said:
Back from the dead again, question:

What is the difference with Redline MT-90 and MTL?

I have an offer for MTL, should I take it?
Red Line MT-90 is a 75W90 viscosity gear oil. Red Line MTL is a 70W80 viscosity gear oil. Since the factory specifies 75W90, MT-90 is the correct type to use.

02 DX Millenium Red

LinuxRacr said:
So have your shifts improved?
Yes, my tranny feels more solid than it used to. I still think it could feel more solid, but I wont touch it until I do a clutch upgrade or LSD. It's working fine for now.

Latest posts

Back