Rearview Mirror, anybody got the autodimming

Jager12

I saw this autodimming rearview mirror. In Holland we don't get this stuff. Anybody here got this mirror. And is it really usefull ??

M5_homelink_mirror_B.gif

If you have "AUTO" intermittent wipers there is a service note of not installing the auto dim rearview mirror in Mazda 5.

Seems the compass interfere with the auto process infarred

I'm not sure about autodimming function itself but probably integrated HomeLink system can be useful...

Zoom5Zoom said:
If you have "AUTO" intermittent wipers there is a service note of not installing the auto dim rearview mirror in Mazda 5.

Seems the compass interfere with the auto process infarred

Thanks, this tells me enough. I do have the auto wipers.

I got it. It was one of the things I had to have, because of the homelink. Also useful for those without Nav (I have NAV) as it has a compass. The autodimming rocks. I'm tall so I'm always getting blinded by headlights, this turn dark green and it reaches a certain brightness. I have yet to be bothered by headlights since I got this mirror. Well worth it for me.

Jager12 said:
Thanks, this tells me enough. I do have the auto wipers.
I could not find the service notice today but check with your dealer as I think it was a letter sent to Parts and advising not to sell until further notice.

I have the auto dimming, it works very well but evidently they wired the homelink incorrectly so now I have to get it re-wired to work properly.

Zoom5Zoom said:
I could not find the service notice today but check with your dealer as I think it was a letter sent to Parts and advising not to sell until further notice.

Thanks for the tip !

Kid Red said:
I got it. It was one of the things I had to have, because of the homelink. Also useful for those without Nav (I have NAV) as it has a compass. The autodimming rocks. I'm tall so I'm always getting blinded by headlights, this turn dark green and it reaches a certain brightness. I have yet to be bothered by headlights since I got this mirror. Well worth it for me.

it always have a shade of green regardless of whether it's working or not.... it really makes things look funny during the day... **** that!

plus the dimming feature isn't really needed as badly in europe anyway as they have mandatory low glare headlights... only time it'll ever be useful is when someone is coming up with their high beams on

Zoom5Zoom said:

the kits for use with the auto lights/wipers 5s are now available

TheMAN said:
it always have a shade of green regardless of whether it's working or not.... it really makes things look funny during the day... **** that!

plus the dimming feature isn't really needed as badly in europe anyway as they have mandatory low glare headlights... only time it'll ever be useful is when someone is coming up with their high beams on

Sounds like it's busted then. During the day it's normal like any other mirror. At night it's normal unless a car gets close enough to you with the headlights triggering the dimming which is a darker green color. Then, once the car leaves, the mirror returns to a normal mirror with no green.

Back