Rear Speaker Discussion

hey all OK so I was looking to add a sub to my Mazda protege and was wondering a few things. first off I am debating between an 8 and a 10". I want some bass I want to be able to feel it but i don't want to blow the doors off the car either. I mean doesn't the mp3 and speed protege's come with a factory sub set up? what did they use and how did it sound? any suggestions toi sub size? I have a pretty small amp to deal with ( I was using it with an 8" kicker in my Yugo) now I am moving my stuff to the mazda but the sub probably needs to be replaced anyway due to age and some dry rot starting. I was impressed with the sound in my Yugo but it was a much smaller car and the sub was mounted and boxed on the rear deck so it was enclosed but was like a rear speaker (no back seat to get in the way and muffle the sound) was gunna try and do the same set up with the protege but the rear deck would need way too much modification and the seat belt anchors would get in the way so any suggestions appreciated. also how did you guys run your wires? How do I get under the carpets and dash to run them? Any holes already drilled in the fire wall to accommodate the power wire from the battery? anyone not use a capacitor? I never have used one but never owned a car with all the electronics under the hood. Don't want ot damage the computer or alt. with the added power demand... thanks
matt(stooges)

Matt, either one will do and look up how capacitor incorporates with a system bc you might not even need it.

For me it's creating the perfect sounds stage through the tweaking of imaging, time correction, enclosure design, cross over's/ slopes and various other things in a build.....

Back