Rear Reflector LEDs

That's possibly the only lighting mod that I've seen that is a must have for these cars. Thanks for posting.

To any one who bought the led reflectors
If you feel like getting rid of the stock ones let me cause im willing to buy them

^^I will keep you in mind, mine will be getting the LED mod in the very near future. I'll send them to you if you will cover the shipping, shouldn't be more than a few bucks....

j3nsmz5, I don't have a DIY for the install. I had someone install it for me. I can take some pics of where the wires are from the LED reflector to where its tapped to the brake light wires.

These led reflectors also fit the newer mazda 5
On the 12+ models the reflector is turned upside down
Just in case some those owners want them
Also for those who want a diy install

The original reflectors pop out real easy just one clip holds it in place
You do not need to remove rear bumper and tapping the wires for drive and brake signal is easy just remove the driver's side rear interior panle and the tail light harness is located by the speaker

This week I installed the rear reflector LEDs on my 2012 Mazda5. Was pretty easy to do and I think it looks great. I bought the LEDs from the Speedline (this link was posted earlier by JovaBear). The price was great for these ($50) but the shipping was $18! They did come straight from Hong Kong in pretty decent time but they took several business days before actual shipping occurred. Some photos and a link to a video are included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqjxpCAqBhA&feature=youtu.be

061213-Mazda5 LED Reflectors-No Lights.jpg
061213-Mazda5 LED Reflectors-Running Lights.jpg
061213-Mazda5 LED Reflectors-Brake Lights.jpg

Nice job! Man that came out nice, looks like it came that way from the factory. I really need to do this to mine....

This week I installed the rear reflector LEDs on my 2012 Mazda5. Was pretty easy to do and I think it looks great. I bought the LEDs from the Speedline (this link was posted earlier by JovaBear). The price was great for these ($50) but the shipping was $18! They did come straight from Hong Kong in pretty decent time but they took several business days before actual shipping occurred. Some photos and a link to a video are included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqjxpCAqBhA&feature=youtu.be

View attachment 202937
View attachment 202938
View attachment 202939

Sweet you bought and installed the LEDs! It came out great! The shipping definitely took some time, I think it was like 2 weeks for mine to come in. Glad to help you out.

These look great... I may get a set and see if if i can modify them to come on only when the fog switch is turned on.

I just installed the Speedline reflector LED's on my 2012 M5 Touring this past weekend:
On the 2012, it was more than just the clips that held the reflectors in place. There is a plastic cover that screwed into the backside of each reflector with one screw, this cover clamps the reflector to the bumper.
Getting to the screw from under the bumper on the passenger side was easy.
Getting to the screw on the driver side was a different story, due to the exhaust pipe and the muffler. You will have to remove the screw blind with a stubby screwdriver. Not easy to get to, but it can be done.
I drilled a 1/4" hole in those covers and added a rubber grommet & silicon for the wires to pass thru.

I wired the reflectors to a SPDT Relay to have the bright LEDs on during the day (tail-lights off) and dim LEDs on at night (tail-lights on).
BTW, it didn't come with instructions, but the blue wires power the bright LEDs and the orange wires power the dim LEDs.

Attachments

• IMG_2735.JPG
    IMG_2735.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2518.JPG
    IMG_2518.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I just installed the Speedline reflector LED's on my 2012 M5 Touring this past weekend:
On the 2012, it was more than just the clips that held the reflectors in place. There is a plastic cover that screwed into the backside of each reflector with one screw, this cover clamps the reflector to the bumper.
Getting to the screw from under the bumper on the passenger side was easy.
Getting to the screw on the driver side was a different story, due to the exhaust pipe and the muffler. You will have to remove the screw blind with a stubby screwdriver. Not easy to get to, but it can be done.
I drilled a 1/4" hole in those covers and added a rubber grommet for the wires to pass thru.

I wired the reflectors to a SPDT Relay to have the bright LEDs on during the day (tail-lights off) and dim LEDs on at night (tail-lights on).
BTW, it didn't come with instructions, but the blue wires power the bright LEDs and the orange wires power the dim LEDs.

fuhhh. Took me 2 hours to unscrew the covers , put new LED reflectors and crew covers back! Now, where is the wire point? Where did you find that SPDY Relay? Please!

Back