RCA Interconnect Recommendation

dbzeag

:
Protege 2001 LX 2.0
I need 3 pairs of RCA 2-channel interconnects for my sound system. Does anyone have any recommendations on brands or places to get them? I am looking for really really short ( like 1 to 2 ft long) cable.

Thanks for the help.

MOnster sells 1 meter cables. Hit cardomain.com and see what they have to offer.

I have had an odd issue with knuconcepts so I can't reccomend them.

what about streetwires or something like that?

The shorter and higher quality the better.

I believe cardomain sells them. They have alot ot choose from typicly.

1sty said:
I believe cardomain sells them. They have alot ot choose from typicly.
I know they have a lot, that's why I am confused. Which is better and why?

we've actually got a couple monster 1.5m in stock at my shop, they're lower grade mostly, though and potentially old, honestly it's only useful if you're stacking HT components directly on top of eachother. 1.5' is SHORT... heck 3' in a car is relatively short.

I started with knukonceptz cables, nad have since replaced them all with higher quality ones, the KK rcas all sorta started to come un-soldered at the ends and such after time it seemed. Also it's seemed that the coating on most of my kk wires has worked its way loose. I wouldn't entirely say that Knukonceptz wires are bad, as it might jsut be a price point issue, but I do know that I wound up pulling things up to have to re-wire. WHich I don't like.

As far as which ones to go with, I'd genereally recommend to not get TOO overboard, but don't buy bottom of the line either. Additionally, WIth my mixed bag of higher end PG and monster rca's, the nicest go to my midrange and highs, midbass gets similar, and bass gets the shortend of the stick. My digital coax coming from my computer is likely WAY toonice for what's necc, seeing as digital signal is digital, just 1's and 0's noise introduced is minimal and shouldn't effect signal clarity.

Edit: oops I meant we had 0.5M I actually use some of that for my reciever at home.keeps the mess down back there.

Last edited:
I had to re-solder the contacts on two of my KnuKonceptz interconnects. They were the most expensive ones offered at the time I bought them. I'll prolly just go with stinger or monster next time.

Poseur said:
we've actually got a couple monster 1.5m in stock at my shop, they're lower grade mostly, though and potentially old, honestly it's only useful if you're stacking HT components directly on top of eachother. 1.5' is SHORT... heck 3' in a car is relatively short.

I started with knukonceptz cables, nad have since replaced them all with higher quality ones, the KK rcas all sorta started to come un-soldered at the ends and such after time it seemed. Also it's seemed that the coating on most of my kk wires has worked its way loose. I wouldn't entirely say that Knukonceptz wires are bad, as it might jsut be a price point issue, but I do know that I wound up pulling things up to have to re-wire. WHich I don't like.

As far as which ones to go with, I'd genereally recommend to not get TOO overboard, but don't buy bottom of the line either. Additionally, WIth my mixed bag of higher end PG and monster rca's, the nicest go to my midrange and highs, midbass gets similar, and bass gets the shortend of the stick. My digital coax coming from my computer is likely WAY toonice for what's necc, seeing as digital signal is digital, just 1's and 0's noise introduced is minimal and shouldn't effect signal clarity.

Well, the amp, sound card (RCA out), and my eq will all be in the space of under 1 cu ft. The cables can be that short because the pieces are going to be so close to each other

If I was going to go with bleeding edge, I would get Daxx R100 but I don't have the budget for that

Even their lowest end R77 is a bit too much for me. Especially for a cable that short.

digital YES, but you see the signal in question being sent is A_N_A_L_O_G.

i use an analog cable for my digital connection in my home theater, just because they are labeled "digital" doesnt make any difference, 75ohm rca interconnects is what he needs and thats what it is

they are cheap and decent quality thats why i recommended them

if you feel safer buying normal analog rca cable then do it, but as long as they are well sheilded 75ohm cable they all work exactly the same

NoRotor said:
i use an analog cable for my digital connection in my home theater, just because they are labeled "digital" doesnt make any difference, 75ohm rca interconnects is what he needs and thats what it is

they are cheap and decent quality thats why i recommended them

if you feel safer buying normal analog rca cable then do it, but as long as they are well sheilded 75ohm cable they all work exactly the same

if analog rca's were 75ohm this wouldn['t be a problem, but they're not.

WIll it work, yes? are you serisouly compromising quality? absolutely.

Digital coax and composite video are both 75ohm, and a secret is that they can indeeed be interchanged if colors don't bother you, but audio signal is morelike 600.

monster cable stuff from parts express... super fast shipping, all the right lengths and the prices are some of the best.....from a real retialer anyways

excuse me, I just looked itup. It's 300ohms, EItherway, it's NOT thesame.

Back