Questions for buying used Mazda 3 2004

persiano

:
Honda Civic 2001 1.6
Sorry for posting in the wrong section. LOL, 1st post ever here and I manage to F$$$ it up

Hello there good people. I am currently a 2003 Civic owner with 146k on the clock, 1.6 Manual. I am thinking of upgrading to a 2004 Mazda 3 with 92k on the clock 1.6 Automatic. Located in Finland and prices are a bit on the high side.(the numbers give are Kilometers so divide by 1.6 for miles )

If I pay 2,000 $ roughly, I get to upgrade to this lovely car. I drove it and the only thing I saw noticed was that the wheel vibrates while breaking, the seller said he will change the front break discs as it is the root cause of it. Sides near the rear tires have a bit of rust which seem to be cured/fixed with some sort of black paint. Car had no issues with transmission, but my main concerns are:

1. How reliable are these gearboxes for daily drive ? No enthusiastic driving and nothing over 100km/h and very civilized. Car has been serviced regularly at dealers since new

2. I am a music enthusiast and would like to install my active subwoofer on this , and maybe aftermarket double din , is that even possible?

Please let me know also if there are any specific point I should look for.

I must add that horror stories online have really been putting me off the idea as owners say the tranny won't last past 100k mark
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back