Question on tint.

Did the 2003.5 MSPs come with tint from the factory? The reason I am asking is that I just got pulled over for my tint being to dark I have 20% but I can only have 35%. I bought the car used from the dealership with the tint.

i cant answer your question specifically, but i do have experience with this. plead not guilty, type a letter and say that. theyll bring you into court to meet with a prosecutor. i explained the situation and said i was getting removal quoted, but i was unemployed (the "hard times" plea). they said they could either postpone the trial until i had them taken off or i could pay a state parking ticket (30 bucks) and be done with it. i chose the latter, and i "still have hard times" so i havent gotten them removed yet.

Thanks for the help. Its just weird that I have been driving the car for 2 years and this is the first time I have gotten pulled over for it.

isn't the tint limit a state-to-state thing?

for texas, it was 35% or something for front tint, so that's what i did all around.

most states are allowed to give you a fine if the tint is not stock though, but most SUV's comes with tint, and more and more are coming with a lil tint. But any thing to the front 3 windows is actually not allowed. but 35 is where its at.

Welp looks like I will just take it off then, it just sucks that I have driven the car for 2 years and I now get pulled over. All the cops I have passed non of them pulled me over..

most states are allowed to give you a fine if the tint is not stock though, but most SUV's comes with tint, and more and more are coming with a lil tint. But any thing to the front 3 windows is actually not allowed. but 35 is where its at.

Hell yea I've had 35 on all of my cars. Dark enough to look sexy, but light enough to be inconspicuous.

Back