Purchasing 2016 Mazda 3 - Questions About Additional Charges

Ares640

:
Mazda 3
Looking into buying a 2016 Mazda 3 GS Manual (Canada). The local dealership gave me a breakdown of the charges but a few of them look kind of suspicious. Can anyone verify these charges are legit? The car is completely stock, no added accessories or extended warranty.

MSRP --------------------- $19,850
Freight -------------------- $1,095
PDI ----------------------- $600
A/C Tax ------------------- $100
Tire Levy ------------------ $15
Road Hazard --------------- $399
Tint ----------------------- $349
Locks (?) ------------------ $100
Lifetime Rust/Undercoat ---- $795
5 Year Unlimited Warranty -- $1725

I noticed there isn't anything listed for license/registration fee, so I expect there to be another $100-200 added to this. Freight, PDI and A/C tax sound right, but what about the others? Why am I paying $1725 for the STANDARD warranty? It isn't an extended/additional warranty, it is the standard warranty that comes with the car. Shouldn't that be included within the $19,850 MSRP? What about Road hazard? Tint? These are all before taxes too.

Looking into buying a 2016 Mazda 3 GS Manual (Canada). The local dealership gave me a breakdown of the charges but a few of them look kind of suspicious. Can anyone verify these charges are legit? The car is completely stock, no added accessories or extended warranty.

MSRP --------------------- $19,850
Freight -------------------- $1,095
PDI ----------------------- $600
A/C Tax ------------------- $100
Tire Levy ------------------ $15
Lifetime Rust/Undercoat ---- $795

I noticed there isn't anything listed for license/registration fee, so I expect there to be another $100-200 added to this. Freight, PDI and A/C tax sound right, but what about the others? Why am I paying $1725 for the STANDARD warranty? It isn't an extended/additional warranty, it is the standard warranty that comes with the car. Shouldn't that be included within the $19,850 MSRP? What about Road hazard? Tint? These are all before taxes too.
Run quickly to another dealer! (thought)

Last edited:
I'd cross out:
and find out what
PDI ----------------------- $600 is. It looks like some kind of insurance.
Here in the US, we are reminded to work from the invoice price, not the MSRP. If you can get the car you want (with options that you want) at $500 or less above invoice, you're doing okay. Our dealerships often offer a bonus deduction if you already own a Mazda. I think $300 was deducted from my bottom line because I already owned an MX5.

PDI would probably be pre delivery inspection.

Go Elsewhere

Sent from the wrong side of the tracks.

Back