Pulled battery, now no Cruise Control

Jellybean

I pulled and cleaned the battery on my '03 P5 last week to prepare for winter. When I got it re-installed the alarm went crazy, but I was able to reset it w/keyfob. Now, I noticed I haven't got any cruise control. Checked fuses and all seem to be OK. Does anyone know what's wrong or the trick to reset the cruise conrtol? Thanks

You don't need cruise control...haven't used mine once in the 10 years I've owned my car!

Very constructive... (headshake

OP: If your fuses are good then I would check the relays & wiring for your Cruise Control. Did you check the fuse box in the engine bay as well as the one under the driver side dash? I would double check them.

You don't need cruise control...haven't used mine once in the 10 years I've owned my car!

Wow....hmm...yeah, maybe sit this one out.

I use cruise control at least once a day. Heck, I even use it driving 30 mph down the side roads near my house. It's just one less thing I have to worry about, especially since the cops around here are freakin' Nazis.

Wow....hmm...yeah, maybe sit this one out.

I use cruise control at least once a day. Heck, I even use it driving 30 mph down the side roads near my house. It's just one less thing I have to worry about, especially since the cops around here are freakin' Nazis.

If I had Crusie, I would use it. (lol2)

Doesn't really bother me not having it, but I can see why some people live by it. If I had to travel for work or if my family wasn't relatively close, I would definately like to have Cruise, thats for sure.

ucMP3 - Yes, checked both fuse boxes. Pulled every one and inspected. I was reading another tread that suggests that a wiring connector in the area could have come loose. I'll have to check since I took the battery, tray and everything else out for cleaning. Could have knocked it loose maybe.

ucMP3 - Yes, checked both fuse boxes. Pulled every one and inspected. I was reading another tread that suggests that a wiring connector in the area could have come loose. I'll have to check since I took the battery, tray and everything else out for cleaning. Could have knocked it loose maybe.

Ya, I don't know which one it would be, as I don't have Cruise in my Pro. But I would check out all the connections around the battery that you may have unhooked, accidently or purposely. Also if you removed your battery terminals backwords, as slavrens was alluding to earlier, then you may have fried a relay or something...

I don't like cruise control for the same reason I don't like an automatic transmission...I have so much fun driving it, that I want to be in full control at all times!

I need to put the controls on my nardi steering wheel because long drives are so crappy without cc.

I need to put the controls on my nardi steering wheel because long drives are so crappy without cc.

Do you already have the controls? If not, I saw a p5 steering wheel with CC controls on it F/S on here in the last few days I feel like.

Ya, I don't know which one it would be, as I don't have Cruise in my Pro. But I would check out all the connections around the battery that you may have unhooked, accidently or purposely. Also if you removed your battery terminals backwords, as slavrens was alluding to earlier, then you may have fried a relay or something...

Just to be sure, the correct order to remove the battery terminals is Negative first, then Positive?

Reconnecting, Pos first, Neg last?

Do you already have the controls? If not, I saw a p5 steering wheel with CC controls on it F/S on here in the last few days I feel like.

Yeah I have the controls, just too damn lazy to put them on because they don't match up properly.

I don't have the manual in front of me now, but if I recall correctly, there is no specific fuse for the CC, right? Is the CC relay in the engine compartment's fuse box?

The cruise wiring diagram doesn't show a relay, it uses an actuator. The fuse is in the inside car box and is called the meter fuse. It does feed some other circuits.

Clifton

I don't like cruise control for the same reason I don't like an automatic transmission...I have so much fun driving it, that I want to be in full control at all times!

So because you don't like it everybody else should give up using it.

Pat.

I thought I read somewhere that there's an actual switch on the cruise control module under the hood or something.

Psylence - Brake lights OK, I'll check the vacume lines, but would think engine performance would be erratic if there was a leak.
Concerning this quote from the trread you refered to: "My cruise stopped working too. Nothing would happen when I tried to set it. No indicator light or anything. I assumed the worst, then as I was about to check all the vacuum lines, etc... I realized there is an on/off switch on the bottom of the control. Click and it works again. I would have felt pretty stupid if I had pulled anything apart. "
Where is the switch that this operson is speaking about??? Is it under the "paddles" on the steering wheel or dash or in the engine compartment, etc? Haven't had my car long, so there could be something I've not stumbled across yet. Thanks

Back