Proud owner of 2010 CX-9 GT

Antonio DiMarco

Contributor
:
2010 Mazda CX-9 GT Dolphin Gray
So given the great financing and incentives my wife and I decided to trade in our 2006 5 for a 2010 CX-9 GT Dolphin with black interior. It was a Dealer Demo that we got a great price on. I also was able to swap out the standard 20 inch Bridgestones for some Toyo Proxes ST2's as part of the deal. Technically the car will be driven by my wife 90% of the time but I hope to put some time in it myself. I still love my Mz6 sGT but the 9 is a very nice car in it's own right. Pictures to come once it warms up here in MA.

Lots of common components between Mazda 6s and CX9. Same engine, transmission, and many more.
The 6 has double wishbone front suspension, while the CX9 has McPherson strut. Same
multi-link rear. I bet these two drive very similarly. I haven't driven the newer 6 yet.
If I want to buy a mid-size sedan, 6s would be on my short list.

Congrats, officially!

I sell Mazda's everyday, and thoroughly enjoy both the 6 and the CX-9 in their own regards. When I decided to buy one, it was hard to decide between a loaded 6 and a loaded CX-9, but I like the more upright & chair stance and overall feel and package of the 9.

You now have 2 of the ultimate new Mazda's. Congrats. And good move on the tires--picking mine up soon, and have debated the same thing.

Yeah lots in common

Lots of common components between Mazda 6s and CX9. Same engine, transmission, and many more.
The 6 has double wishbone front suspension, while the CX9 has McPherson strut. Same
multi-link rear. I bet these two drive very similarly. I haven't driven the newer 6 yet.
If I want to buy a mid-size sedan, 6s would be on my short list.

Just wish they shared the same seats. The CX-9's seats are nicer IMO than the 6's

Back