Driver's side power rear window no longer moves, stuck up (2010 CX-9)

LordJezo

2010 CX-9 Grand Touring.

New day new problem. The rear window on the driver's side has decided to stop working. When I push the window down button in the driver's seat all I can hear is a slight click and then nothing. Right now it's stuck in the up position, so that's better than it being stuck open at all times, but I can't get it down.

Where do we start with troubleshooting this?

by taking out the door card and seeing if voltage goes to it? Does it work with the button on the door itself? It can be motor or switch, can't be much else

Check the switch on the door with the window problem to verify the issue is not the main switch panel.

When my window stopped working I was able to fix it with a new motor. I've linked the part below. It suddenly got stuck one day and I could hear the gears struggling at first and then after that I believe I only got a click when pressing the button. I was able to push/pull on the window to help it up or down while pressing the switch, so I knew the switch was working.
The part is only $32 and just bolts right in. Just make sure you order the right model, as there are two. You could read up on how exactly to determine what the issue is, but that would be my guess and the part is cheap and easy to install so worth a shot in my opinion.

When my window stopped working I was able to fix it with a new motor. I've linked the part below. It suddenly got stuck one day and I could hear the gears struggling at first and then after that I believe I only got a click when pressing the button. I was able to push/pull on the window to help it up or down while pressing the switch, so I knew the switch was working.
The part is only $32 and just bolts right in. Just make sure you order the right model, as there are two. You could read up on how exactly to determine what the issue is, but that would be my guess and the part is cheap and easy to install so worth a shot in my opinion.

Are the motors the same for the front and back, left and right? I just had another window go out on me this morning so I am finally going to get around to replacing these.

All right, for an update this morning I swapped both the motor and the regulator out. It really wasn't that bad of a job this time, I took my time, took everything apart correctly, and the new one was easy to bolt on. Tons of tape to hold the window in place, couldn't risk that. The good news? The window works again! Its going up and down smoothly and is doing everything it hasn't done in 6 months.

The bad news? The button in the back does not work. It's lit up and getting power but it can't make the window go up and down. Any idea on this one? Using the front window control panel in the driver's seat works fine, does everything it needs to do. The button in the rear seat itself does nothing. Everything is plugged back in behind the trim. The button tried to work the first few times but it was like it didn't have enough juice. I know that doesnt make sense but its all I can describe it. The window wiggled a bit and tried to move using the rear button but then it just stopped. Using the front button it goes right up and down like it should.

Any idea how to take the button apart? I can't find anything on this one at all. Lots of videos on taking everything else apart but nothing on the button.

The button gets power, it is lit up, so something is at least partially working.

doubt it, i would need to see it but at this point, this is really trying to open something that is not meant to be opened unfortunatly. Otherwise you can order a new button and hope this is the problem

i suppose you checked that the child safety switch in the driver door is not actuated? It could be the main switch also after looking at the diagram, you would need to see if you get some 12V at the rear switch but it depends how electrically inclined you are. If you can find both front and rear switches it should be one of the two

Last edited:
i suppose you checked that the child safety switch in the driver door is not actuated? It could be the main switch also after looking at the diagram, you would need to see if you get some 12V at the rear switch but it depends how electrically inclined you are. If you can find both front and rear switches it should be one of the two

Ha! Yup, I clicked the lock a whole bunch of times on and off just to make sure.

So a button replacement, if I replaced the entire motor and regulator the button sounds like it could be easy.

RockAuto has this guy for More Information for WVE 1S13244

Is is straightforward to replace? I cant find any guides on getting the old one out and the new one in.

never done it on a cx9 but pretty sure it is way easier than replacing a window motor... Must be held by 2 screws once the door card is off.

Back