Protege5 - Show us your rust!

lol i heard that truck bed liner stuff works really well.. and looks really good if u do it on the whole car.. but get rims first so it looks better lol just a thought...
what causes it to rust so much? salt in water or does it just snow alot?

ahhh y put more money in that thing :( what cuzes that to happend anyways? and wouldnt u wanna get it fixed right wen u see a bubble?!?!

Over the course of the winter, it went from fixable to "holy ******* s***! **** this car." Cost of repairs, factored into how many miles were on the car, how much I actually paid for the car, and usable income at the time... Numbers didn't work. Then the car got its door backed into by a hit and run, someone backed into the drivers rear by the tail light. I could get another Protege cheaper than what it would take to fix that rusty ass piece of s***. Holes in the floor, etc.

My attitude towards the car gets me labeled as a Protege hater, or that I only care about Miatas, etc. It's bulls***. I'd buy another 3rd gen Protege in an instant (and watch that one rust too)

As a daily driver? Absolutely. As a project to make it more than it is? **** no. I like to piss money away on stupid s***, but I'm not doing that again.

Yeah... I have two platforms at home that have more potential than the 3rd gen... unfortunately.

Closer to 170 if you have the USDM B18C1, like I now do. I had the JDM B18C which was 182 or so at the crank. But... I learned the hard way that water doesn't compress...

Closer to 170 if you have the USDM B18C1, like I now do. I had the JDM B18C which was 182 or so at the crank. But... I learned the hard way that water doesn't compress...

lol intake??? and 170 thats not bad ether.. u dont want to swap to a b18c type r? 200hp :)

Haha, I would if I hadn't already sank a ton of money into the car. I did the swap in early 06 on a college student budget. Would I like to do a Type Arrrrrg motor? Sure... but the car's my daily driver / winter beater now.

heh, perhaps we should stop threadjacking the rust thread with Honda talk. LOL.

Back