Protege5: Harder, not Smarter!

YES!

images

I've figured it out now: the thread's title is backwards. It makes so much more sense now!

Tamn should do it,... it's his thread, his finger and he has to pay for school now.

JDM Pro5 sent me this link; (we were PMing,... I didn't wanna thread jack again)

http://www.thesandingglove.com/The-Sanding-Glove.asp

But it's too much money and too artsy fartsy.

I say make a kit with a box of latex gloves dipped in glue then dipped in the grit of your choice. Cheap and easy and fully gritted.
Tamn knows all about latex, plastics, glue and grit.

He could start a Hand-Paper empire and hire people to do all his grunt work. (like sanding)

He could start a Hand-Paper empire and hire people to do all his grunt work. (like sanding)

Oh god yes please, sanding grunts is what I need. Haha interesting I'm not the only one who has struggled finding how to sand the hard to reach spots.

Wow a month since my last post, guess I'll post up some random pictures of what I've been doing the past weeks.

I decided to take off every casting line/mark on the entire cylinder head. Fast forward a ton of grinding/sanding/aching fingers and long nights of frustration.

I re-wired my computer controller robot of power with new components, it finally "worked" still have to get the kinks out with the X/Y axis, but Z works like a charm...I think I need to build some bracing for the gantry and possibly run a dual stepper motor to power it.

Showing where I'm deshrouding the valves.

24 hours of Le Mans setup.

Just realized I never put any pictures of the cylinder head sections that are "done" oh well I'll do it next post I do, lets just say it looks incredible.
Cheers!

As requested the monthly update mates :)

Before.

After 150 grit.

Yum.

My new industrial vacuum pump, retails for over 4 grand. Can't wait to make some beautiful parts with this.

After 300 grit, I'm taking it up to 3,000 before I'm done.

Full supertech head.

Molnar and k1 rods.

Yes its going slow, but steady. I'm taking serious time into building this engine, nearly every piece has to be designed and one off made, both inside and out.

Zoom zoom!

Sweet Tamn! Looks like you're going to have some boost in your life sooner or later, eh?

I got some forged pistons just yesterday too, to rebuild ofcourse.

I've been trying to look into a CF rear hatch. I haven't really checked out there for other solutions (ie - other manufacturers), but I remember you doing some work with the rear hatch and even crafting a Fiberglass (?) hatch on your own. My buddy here in Houston has a vacuum machine and does custom CF parts from wild to mild. I was thinking a hatch, fenders, hood, and front fascia/bumper cover. He even brought up door skins (inside AND out), rear diffusers and... (get this) ... CF luggage racks???? lol...I told him the racks idea was craziness...but I'd rock one.

Hey Tamn,

So if I remember correctly you have both side mirrors removed and a wink mirror installed right? Didn't you get pulled over for that but recited the RCW to the officer or something along those lines?

With my new found 80+ mi. commute each way to work I am looking into smaller aero mods to squeeze a little MPG here and there.

Hey Tamn,

So if I remember correctly you have both side mirrors removed and a wink mirror installed right? Didn't you get pulled over for that but recited the RCW to the officer or something along those lines?

With my new found 80+ mi. commute each way to work I am looking into smaller aero mods to squeeze a little MPG here and there.

That is correct both outside mirrors removed. RCW 46.37.400 States that "
(1) Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a mirror mounted on the left side of the vehicle and so located to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least two hundred feet to the rear of such vehicle.

(2) Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with an additional mirror mounted either inside the vehicle approximately in the center or outside the vehicle on the right side and so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least two hundred feet to the rear of such vehicle."

This differs from most states that make a specification to whether the mirror can be located in or outside the left side of the vehicle. I would print out that section of the RCW, highlight that section and keep it in your glovebox. Removing both mirrors will gain you aprox. 3-4 mpg.

When the officer checked the RCW after I pointed it out for him he was totally cool about it and sent me on my way. I was never pulled over any other time for it and once the cars back on the road I intend to do the same.

That was my thought when I read it that it didn't specify inside or outside the vehicle. I looked into OR laws and for Morris they only talk about the rearview mirror.

Thanks for the help and I can't wait to see where this thread goes

Latest posts

Back