Protege "Chalkboard" Hood

Yes, it is literally a protege hood that functions as a chalk board.

Inspired by the 1980's BMW art cars, I decided to make this a couple years ago with a spare Protege MP3 I had lying around. I stripped the wax off of the hood, sanded it slightly so the paint would stick, and put on a couple layers of Valspar chalkboard paint. It's a blast to have a constantly changing piece of artwork as the hood of your vehicle. The rain will erase it though...

FREE to a good home
Message me to inquire

EDIT: Would prefer local pickup

Attachments

• DSC01329.JPG
    DSC01329.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 378
  • DSC01328.JPG
    DSC01328.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
I've seen whole rockabilly cars with this paint. It has a cool matte finish in it's own. There is also whiteboard paint out now, I would like to see a car with that

well you could give it a whirl and let us know! :p It has been forever since i played with chalk so i don't really remember what type of residue it leaves behind if any? who doesn't want a car with a bunch of random faded colors all over the front end!?

^ hahhaha. but if i cant get this shipped to me ill try to convince the mother to let me paint my hood. She already hates all my "ghetto" ideas. She doesnt understand anything (boom06)

I've seen whole rockabilly cars with this paint. It has a cool matte finish in it's own. There is also whiteboard paint out now, I would like to see a car with that

while your online man, its off topic but how did you get your sig pic? all the pics of ym car were too big

Whiteboard paint is cool, we did a 1/2 wall in our daughter's room last summer with it. It is pricey though, all said and done I dropped close to $200 for just whiteboard paint. /end threadjack

lol funnny to see this thread, last spring i painted my entire protege5 with chalkboard paint lol and i just finished repainting it for this show season lol
i love it
plus if it is clean from chalk it looks flat black

I painted my hood last weekend and tomorrow I'm having a bunch of friends draw on it. Most of them have no drawing skills lol but it will be a fun test run. It was very easy to paint my hood and it only took one can. I used two just to make it a bit longer-lasting. Pics when I get a chance.

if this is still available, i live in South Carolina about 4 hours or so from Atlanta. idk how far you are from there but i think local pick up might be an option for me.

Edit: just googled Canton, GA. I go to school in Charlotte right now so from there its 5 hours away!! Let me know if you work out anything with the other guy as i know he had original dibs.

Last edited:
Back