Protege 5 Trade-In Value

dibs on your short shifter if you trade it in...hmm...and your exhaust...and...umm what else you got?

I think it all depends on milage, condition of the car, and the individual dealership.

I allowed my dad to trade-in my P5 towards one of his RX-8s (since he traded in his truck to help out with my Miata), and he got $13,880 for it! Of course, it was an 03.5 with under 20k miles, a few minor mods, and in immaculate condition, but we were both shocked, since we got the car for just under $16k brand new.
So basically $3000 depreciation for just over 3 years of ownership isn't bad.

Then again, our salesmen may very well have given us a little bonus, since we bought 2 cars from him previously.

Interesting note though, we were talking after I took my first test drive, and he saw that I had driven over in a P5, and he was saying how they don't usually get many Protege5s traded-in, saying people tend to keep them for a long time. I just smiled. :)

lol cali is horrible i was at a dodge dealer and they offered me 2500 for my 2001 mp3 granted is does have alot of milage 130,000 but why would somone even trade with an offer like that . my 19 inch rims and tires cost more then that. i might as well just give them the car. i have people come up to me and make offer form 8-12k all the time. i will never get rid of it.

corey

02MazPro5 said:
lucky. LOL I'm getting 5.5K from carmax. Oh well I should be in a VW GTI Tonight. so goodbye fellow MP5 Owners. anyone wanna buy my turbo? lol

No goodbyes until you tell us how you like the new VW!!

I got offered 5000 for mine, and i told him its worth nine at least. guy wouldn't budge, i wasn't looking to buy that day n e ways. thats w i'm gonna sell my car to my mom.

Dang, I was looking at trading mine a few months ago. 02.5 auto with 45K and they offered me 10000. I couldn't get rid of her, though.

I have 67k on the car for an 02 auto. Wonder if I can get 9.8k for it with all the mods (more appearance than engine, minimal engine mods, almost bone stock).. as a private sale..

reasonable price?

maybe. last august i got 7k on trade for my 02.5 with 67k miles. i left on all my mods except for the cai. so it had eibachs, tokicos, mazdaspeed sport exhaust and ghetto fabulous painted stock wheels. i didn't feel like going through the hassle of privately selling it so i just traded it in.

Back