Power Liftgate Unresponsive. 3 Beeps when pushing button.

svo4turbo

:
2009 CX-9 AWD GT
No idea what this could signify. It started one day when I was using the button inside the car to open the liftgate, and my wife was trying to open it manually behind the car. Odd coincidence that we were doing this at the same time, but after this event it's completely unresponsive. Just beeps 3 times when I try to use the various buttons to open/close it. The power "latching" part still works. Any ideas?

You can try to reset the computer by disconnecting the (-) terminal for 30 seconds.
You will lose many settings, though, including window auto-up/down, and preset stations, etc.
Also, check if fuse is burnt.

So you have tried using both the button on the dash, and the button on the liftgate, and the button on your fob, and it beeps 3 times? Usually it beeps 3 times when the transmission is in anything other than "P" (park). I agree with Ceric that your first move would be to try disconnecting the battery. Does it feel smooth when you open/close the gate by hand, nothing is binding? If that doesn't work you could try taking the quarter panel trim off and look at the area behind it, see if there is anything out of place. Good luck?

Back