Performance FS head

Chilledboost

Contributor
:
2009 Escape XLT, 2010 CX7 sport
I was looking on the site for information on some headwork and found nothing. after looking on the internet i found a shop. check it out
Racing Mazda

Dunno of anyone who's used them for built motors, but I've seen the site before.

They have numerous spelling errors on their site...if they can't build a complete sentence, would I trust them to build a motor?

I bought a header from them and the part looks and works great...after I made some minor modifications for the EGR to work right, but their customer service was a pile of poop.

im probably going to order the X-head. ill have the local engine machine shop look at it and tell me if its worth it or if they do it for cheaper

Plus the site says it can handle 300hp on factory rods. I don't think so. Atleast not every day.

i went to san antonio to check out trinity college and i stopped by this shop. basically, the site is misleading. it appears they do everything in shop and have a great set-up. WRONG. it was like a small hole in the wall with 3 car ports and a poor shop. i know nothing about the quality of their products, but i did find their shop to be lacking.

mspHtown said:
i went to san antonio to check out trinity college and i stopped by this shop. basically, the site is misleading. it appears they do everything in shop and have a great set-up. WRONG. it was like a small hole in the wall with 3 car ports and a poor shop. i know nothing about the quality of their products, but i did find their shop to be lacking.

I would bet what Kooldino say was right then. If the site is messed up and the shop is in poor shape then the work is poor also.

Why do you want headwork?

You don't NEED it until you have EVERYTHING else (built engine, turbo, etc.) really.

I would like a ported head when I am all finished. It does make the whole package more efficient (more power at same ammount of boost).

Ok we(me and Ric) have done some work back in the days. In fact the first ever production Turbokit kit for a 93-97 Probe 2.0. After that he sold a good amount of kits but let me tell you when it came to customer service, thats a horror story. He is EXTREMELY hard to get a hold of and its hard getting answers from anyone else at the shop. He is a great racer with a ton of knowledge, mostly Miata, but I think you should seek a local machine shop or other vendors here before RM. IIRC he doesnt even do any engine work there, it gets sent out somewhere. I guess back then I felt bad for any guys that had complaints about his customer service cause I knew how they felt. There were always the usual "I called and no one returns my calls", "He said it will be shipped soon", and the horrible "ive been waiting for months". But of course it was different for me since I could easily drive to the shop or track if I needed to see whats up with him. So overall he is a great guy but if I could take over his shop in Customer service I would flip flop the whole place. He needs ALOT of help there.

Kooldino said:
Dunno of anyone who's used them for built motors, but I've seen the site before.

They have numerous spelling errors on their site...if they can't build a complete sentence, would I trust them to build a motor?

LOL... he's Jamaican I guess thats why (eyeballs) ... but just remembering any old emails or IM's, I remember I noticed that too :)

I have the lower end built. i was just going to re-use the stock head but why. i already have the car apart and i might as well spend the money now and get it done rather then have to take it all back apart. im also pondering getting a hold of a SVT focus transaxle assembly and seeing what it would take to put in the msp. i heard that they have the same bolt pattern with the exception of the lower bell housing (reinforcement brace). i had a zx2 transmission in my car for 2 weeks while my LSD was getting welded. i just hope the High Output zetec has the same battern as the 130hp zetec

I think you would be better off keeping the stock head and getting a Quaiffe LSD. About the same price or close to the head in your link.

A built engine and great turbo set up will be helped out more with the LSD than the head.

Chilledboost said:
I have the lower end built. i was just going to re-use the stock head but why. i already have the car apart and i might as well spend the money now and get it done rather then have to take it all back apart. im also pondering getting a hold of a SVT focus transaxle assembly and seeing what it would take to put in the msp. i heard that they have the same bolt pattern with the exception of the lower bell housing (reinforcement brace). i had a zx2 transmission in my car for 2 weeks while my LSD was getting welded. i just hope the High Output zetec has the same battern as the 130hp zetec

MPnick can build you a head just as good for a lot less. And you'd be keeping it in the family.

Chilledboost said:

no s***,you were running a ZX trans?no modifacation?

nope. but the thing would tear the s*** out of the right front tire. i almost s*** myself when i found out the cv shafts went right in

Back