Pep boys brakes?

whitey4311

:
MS3 GT Black Mica w/nav
I dont need a brake job yet but out of curiosity I called and for ceramic pads and labor ect it was onyl about $175 for front or rear so about $350 both.

I hate all the brake dust from stock pads but what do you guys think about ceramics from Pep Boys on the MS3?

By the way this is a daily driver and no track or racing ect so I dont need the best performance pad but figured cermaics are easy on the rotors and possibly have very little to no brake dust like the stockers do.

My wifes car needed brakes today and Toyota tried to give rher a line of bull s*** about their work was better since its a dealer. I laughed and told her to tell them match the price or just stick to the oil change we went in for in the first place.

replacing pads is one of the easier do-it-yourself jobs you can try on your car, perhaps you should try doing it yourself and save a good amount of money.

and get some Hawk ceramic pads instead, i don't trust generic Pep Boys pads

After the cost of pads and servicing the rotors I am saving an hours labor at $70 so whats the point?

I know I could do it and have on other cars but sometimes its easier to just pay for it.

Well at best I can always order stock pads and just pay them to do the same job if there is a concern about the pads. I dont know why they would be bad or anything but I dont know much about them either.

Back