Which OEM comparable brake pads? 2019 CX-5 NA

:
2019 CX5 Touring/Preferred Pkg
Hey team,

Have a 2019 CX5 NA with approx 42k miles. I am still on the factory brakes. My driving only involves a lot of coasting to red lights and 50/50 highway/city driving, and I don’t drive like a lunatic, I mean come on it’s only a NA engine in here.

I am looking to replace the pads as I feel they aren’t as reliable anymore. The bite isn’t as what it used to be or maybe I’m just used to it.

Anyhow, I am looking to purchase the pads myself and let my mechanic install them. Should I be replacing the rotors also?

I am looking to buy from rockauto, and I found the Bosch ceramic brakes. Are these comparable to the OEM brakes? Any other recommendations? I am mostly looking for less brake dust as well as good bite. Ceramic or semi-metallic, I don't really care for.

Attached screenshots of the brake pads below.

Attachments

• IMG_1435.png
    IMG_1435.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1434.png
    IMG_1434.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
We went with the Bosch Quiet Cast Pads and Rotors on the Wife's 2013 and, damn, those are nice parts. Smoooooooth stuff. Would not hesitate for a moment going Bosch!
Get a fluid replacement while you're there, it makes the change complete.

You probably have plenty of pad left. At 4 years old a brake fluid change would help. If you do get new pads, look into Akebono

Own cx 9 2016 and cx 5 2014. Front Wagner OEX are fine. But back is horrible. Got 28k on my cx 9. Oem for me was $90? So I'm trying another brand new now, Raybestos eht1934H

Back