Passenger Front Tire wear

Stickman

:
3 P5
Passenger front tire has excessive wear on inside side of tread. Driver's side OK.
Allignment, ball joints, me sitting in car upsets tire patch contact, rt cornering force vs left? Any ideas?

It's not excessive toe out. Too much toe whether it's toe out or toe in will affect both tires equally. More likely you have too much negative camber on the right side. If you have a shop that you trust that can do a 4wheel alignment I would take there and at least get them to check the alignment. Once they do that they should be able to give a good idea of what repairs need to be made.

It's not excessive toe out. Too much toe whether it's toe out or toe in will affect both tires equally. More likely you have too much negative camber on the right side. If you have a shop that you trust that can do a 4wheel alignment I would take there and at least get them to check the alignment. Once they do that they should be able to give a good idea of what repairs need to be made.

Negative camber could be the cause. It is possible to have one front wheel toe out more than the other. Either way, an alignment is the first place to start.

Back