pads stuck together...help

MSP #167

Ok, putting on new springs and we took off the brakes and rotor so i could get an air gun in there to take off the endlinks....now i am trying to put the caliper back on the rotor and the pads are stuck together. I think its because we had the ebrake on, we took it off and it seems like the piston has a bunch of force and we can't get the pads loose.

What can i do? Do i have to bleed the brakes i have no idea about anything involving brakes.

Look on the back of the caliper and there is a plug you have to remove. Underneath it there is a allenhead bolt you turn to suck the piston in. Look for some threads on rear brakes to find more info.

Well good luck, I cannot help you.
BTW if you are going to put threads in the same section, over the same topic, just bump the older thread so it appears at the top of the section... no need for another thread. Again, good luck.

to get the piston back in on the rear you need to turn it to the RIGHT(clockwise) with some kind of wrench, basically you have to screw it in. there is NO plug to remove, do NOT take off the brakeline or bleeder unless you plan on bleeding the brakes

Try disconnecting the ebrake and turning the car on. For the MSP you can't just push the rear piston in and there is no screw in the back of the caliper. You have to screw the whole piston in.
It also sounds like you took the caliper and the whole mounting bracket off together in one piece, is that right? If you did, unscrew the 10mm bolt and swing the caliper out.

Just screw the piston back in, yeah the ebrake has to be off, I was hoping the person would have been smart enough to release the ebrake when trying to get the piston back in

cbcbd said:
Try disconnecting the ebrake and turning the car on. For the MSP you can't just push the rear piston in and there is no screw in the back of the caliper. You have to screw the whole piston in.
It also sounds like you took the caliper and the whole mounting bracket off together in one piece, is that right? If you did, unscrew the 10mm bolt and swing the caliper out.

thanks a lot guys i finally got it later last night.....that piston was a pain in the ass, i had to use vice grips to turn it.

Latest posts

Back