paddle shift on CX-5

Re reading my last post and hot damn, I fat fingered the bejeberzers out of that one! I wrote it and barely understand it

Also, when looking at japanparts.com there is a question about whether or not you have adaptive cruze control, has anyone found a difference with the I-activsense package and the adaptive cruze control for doing this mod?

Would the I-Activsense make a difference in the paddle shift install?

If you get the parts from JAPANPARTS, you get the paddle screws and the steering Wheel nut. On other places i have no idea.

If you get the parts from JAPANPARTS, you get the paddle screws and the steering Wheel nut. On other places i have no idea.

The paddles I received came with the screws. Others have reported that their's did not.

Having just received the part #D10J-V7-480 from Japanparts, I can confirm that it does come with 1) Rear Cover, 2)The four small screws to mount the paddles to the steering wheel 3)Steering Wheel Mounting Bolt and 4)Installation instructions in Japanese.

Would the I-Activsense make a difference in the paddle shift install?

I don't have a definitive answer as I haven't done this mod (yet), but on japanparts.com, if you order 479-006-002, it has an option for "with auto cruise control" and "without auto cruise control". I assume there's a difference in parts between having it and not having it.

Parts I've used for my 2016 paddle shift install.

D10J-V7-480 (Steering wheel rear cover, w/paddle shift)
K015-V7-481 (Wire harness, clock spring to start/stop unit)
BHT1-66-3P0 (Paddle switch)
BNK8-66-4M2 (Wire harness, w/cruise control, w/paddle shifters)
9YA0-11-007 (Steering wheel bolt)
GJS2-32-750 (Paddle switch screws)

So will the above part#'s work for vehicles with ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL?

Great write-up! Being mildly retarded at 59 years old (Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, they suspect) I think that *I* might even be able to pull this off...Nah!

I do have a friend that's way smarter than me though; maybe he can help - thanks again!

Any updates as to the ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL and whether those part #'s will work with it?

Any updates??

Still waiting on the install because I don't want to find out the hard way that I needed a different part for the ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL.

Little bear: you wrote in a different thread about a user who as adaptive cruse control, and listed part numbers. I've sent these to my dealer in Denmark to get him to verify if this will fit my cx5 I'm ordering tomorrow.
I'm on my phone at the moment, so can't find the other post. But will update if my dealer figures something out

You guys should look at the pictures posted by "Farenheight", he listed his part numbers and appears to have the adaptive cruise. I don't have it personally.

Back