P5 Alternative to a Quiet Exhaust

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ELEMENTAL...

Thatsaid, I've done lots of sound deadening, for killing exhaust noise, GOOD quality soudn deadener is a good thing. that raammat Is about as good as it gets. THe liquid stuff is mediocre at best, and application, IMHO is a pain, nothing worse than having to wait fo rthigns to dry, and then glop on another coat, etc. when you coudl just spend a couple minuted laying it out, trimming and sticking in place. That, mixed witha layer or 2 of Hartex-style carpet padding (looks like matted yarn, not foam) will make a very noticeable improvement not only in exhaust noise reduction, but road noise in general. It won't eliminate it, however... Anyone wanna buy a OBX catback?

got my MSP exhaust back today. a little pissed becasue the guy i took it to charged me a fortune.....way more than the guy i should have brought it to, but he is on vacation till next monday.....i should have asked for a quote beforehand....my bad

It also might be too long....i gave him a max and min length i wanted......

we will see? will try to get it on tongiht.....

if U want 'quiet', i would NOT recommend MSP axle-back. unless U can put a silencer in it.

I just installed the Racing Beat exhaust, which I got from Rider69. It honestly is really quiet on the freeway, NO droning, and even the wife agreed the noise was fine inside.

Look for a used one in the forum, or on ebay. You cannot go wrong.

The Racing Beat is nice at cruising speed. Way better than most I've heard. Sometimes, in around town driving, I wish it was a little more intense. Overall though, the fit and look is perfect. With that said, If I had a choice again, I'd go with the Magnaflow. I think it has the perfect balance of sound in all driving conditions, although not as refined as the Racing Beat in overall quality.

Cloudland said:
if U want 'quiet', i would NOT recommend MSP axle-back. unless U can put a silencer in it.

I have the racing beat/stock MSP exhaust i got chopped. i got rid of my aftermarket MSP exhaust becasue it was too loud and after 2 years with it, i needed a change.....the factory exhaust looks terrible on the car anyway......

Protege52003 said:
I have the racing beat/stock MSP exhaust i got chopped. i got rid of my aftermarket MSP exhaust becasue it was too loud and after 2 years with it, i needed a change.....the factory exhaust looks terrible on the car anyway......
good on U!

the stock looks too bad. and it's TOO quiet. i mean it. i can certainly have something bigger and louder, just not as loud as the mazdaspeed axle-back. it's ok cruizing at 60 or 110 km/h, typical city/highway driving condition here, but whenever i accelerate from stop and enter the 2k rpm range, or open throttle on slope or passing on highway in the 3k5 above range, it's getting really really loud, and because it's so loud, i usually go gentle with throttle, and the car is actually slower. :(

i just put the magnaflow on yesterday and went driving- freeway, hills, residentials. it's definitely louder than stock, of course, but not annoyingly. it's like the car talks now. much more responsive, too. it's got a nice bassy tone to it above 3k when you step on it...nothing ricey at all..

MSP exhaust installed thurs night. being a man you probably will never here a man saying, "i wish it was an inch shorter."

washed my car today and just took this pic from my door...will get better pics later.

f4ed707c.jpg

f4ed707f.jpg

Back