P5 Alternative to a Quiet Exhaust

Coqui258

Contributor
:
2003 Black Mica Protege5
First, I'm not a noob... I have searched but to no avail (plus, searches are useless since most are outdated anyway)

I want a new exhaust system for my P5, BUT, I want an exhaust that is better than stock AND less noisy than the MSP axleback. I don't care much about the noise, I want something less quiet.

Any recommendations? I was thinking of getting custom tubes done and just buying the axleback, but how would I go about doing that?

Any info is highly appreciated.

so racing beat would be the best alternative instead of stock? What about the piping going back?

racing beat is a catback. it connects from the second cat and the piping is very beefy.

Drone is when you're at a certain RPM and all you hear is the loudness of the exhaust. I don't want that... also, I don't want to turn the car on in the morning and have the whole neighborhood wondering where the MAC truck is at.

I have the racing beat and there is a little drone over stock -- but IMO its really tolerable -------------- BUT---------------- if you have a header or plan on getting a header -- all i have it say is ------OMG------- For me the Drone was unberible to the point that i sold my header ------ :)

Thanks for all the info everyone... now, to find a cheap RB (not looking to pay $400...)

Speaking of which.. anyone selling theirs? lol

Also, is the MSP exhaust with the round tip the exact same thing as the Racing Beat?

Last edited:
just my $.02 but I have a Magnaflow catback on my P5 and I think it is great. not loud at all and no drone to it.
Anyhow-

The MSP exhaust with the round tip is not the same. It looks like it has a tip inside a tip if that makes sense.

Im not trying to plug my page but... http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/294530 there is a link to my page...half way down you can see a clear pic of the Racing Beat tip. Better looking IMO.

As everyone has stated, the RB is very quiet. It does have a little growl when you floor it but it sounds very refined. You will not be disappointed. Trust us.

BTW im not selling mine. I love it! :D

I would be all over the RB if it didn't have that ugly piping in the tip. looks like the stock tacked on ricer tip.

Racingbeat ,SR motorsports and Magnaflow catbacks are among the quiet ones I know. I know for the RB and SR Motorsports sounds almost identical. The Magnaflow is slightly louder than the two.

Back